Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

warning stickers

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Ted White 
#1 ·
The warning stickers come off with a hair dryer in about 10 seconds. The bike looks so much better after I took off the reflectors. I wear reflctive gear already.

#2 ·
I have been meaning to do that since I got the bike in September. Not too long after I got the Burgman, I opened my first business and the only time I had been able to spend on the Burgy was to simply ride it and remove ONE reflector on the rear left side
... I have not even washed it since I got it, and it still looks new. One of these days I will wake up and for some strange reason be inclined to take the stickers and the other 3 reflectors off and give it a good wash. I can't guarantee when that will happen though

#3 ·
Jay said:
The warning stickers come off with a hair dryer in about 10 seconds.
Well, some of them do come right off. There are a couple of them that were more challenging - repeated heatings with the hair dryer, a lot of scrapping with a fingernail - and residual glue left on the bike. Light rubbing with WD40 will remove the residual glue. I went through this procedure with both the Burgman and the V-Strom.

#4 ·
This afternoon, after I changed the gear oil and the tranny oil, I got out the hair dryer (1200 watts), set it on hot, and had all three on the glove box off in less than a minute. No residue. 8)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.