Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's quite windy today in Maryland. My bike was parked in its usual place with the cover on. The cover acted as a sail and over she went. Fortunately, other than a few scratches there was no damage. In the future I'll remove the cover on windy days.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Bob,

How high are the winds there today? No chance that it might have blown over without the cover?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
20 to 30 mph. I could be wrong but I don't think it would have blown over without the cover on.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
You're probably right and the cover did contribute to it. Just had to ask. Thanks for the warning.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bleeder said:
Center stand or side? I'll bet side.

Peace.
You win :)

I thought the side stand was more secure than the center stand. Is that not true?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Depends on how far over the bike is leaning on the side stand. If it's fairly upright you aren't gaining anything on the stand side and have nothing on the opposite side, correct?

I think it wouldv'e taken a hell of a wind, far more then 30 mph, to blow yer scoot over from the centerstand. Just a guess, though.

Peace.

·
Registered
28 Posts
As far as covers go, I have been using my husband's half cover for his Goldwing GL1800. It fits the Burgman 650 perfectly and only cost $36. I have to give it back and get my own I guess. I can get a pictuer of it on the scoot if anyone is interested.

It is the Ultraguard Half cover for the GL1800:

Honda Ultraguard Half cover

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
What you need is a turntable!

With bike on the centre stand which is on the centre of the turntable, the cover on, a small rollerskate strapped to the front wheel and maybe just a small jib erected it would then turn into wind!!

Problem solved! :wink:

:lol: :lol: :withstupid: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NormanB said:

With bike on the centre stand which is on the centre of the turntable, the cover on, a small rollerskate strapped to the front wheel and maybe just a small jib erected it would then turn into wind!!

It's CENTER stand. :lol:

·
Registered
428 Posts
BobG said:
NormanB said:

It's CENTER stand. :lol:
LOL!!!
I can just picture the scooter turning like a freaking weathervane - too funny!!!

Bob, have pity on Norms as we are two cultures separated by a common language.

Peace.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
I do not mind how people spell words on the forum.
The message is the important thing, not the grammar, construction or spulling.

For we hall maik misteaks, but in the mane the cents of the wirds normally con vay the intended message.

But seeing as you brought the subject up, it is you guys on that side of the pond that spell words all wrong - but thats OK we forgive you. It is hardly suprising - I guess English will (is?) be the minority language in a few States already. Of course, Canada will drift further towards another language, away from English too!

:) :)

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Hi Bob! I wouldn't be too concerned about winds blowing over your covered bike. I've had covered bikes sitting out in some strong storms and never had one blow over.
The recent localized high winds were really unusual and did a lot of damage in areas that never had those types of problems before. Did you see the damage at Mountain and Singer Rds. caused by some type of wind bursts Saturday morning? Wow! Our Burgmans would have probably been blown away. :D
Don

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ksmall1998 said:
Norm

U DA MAN

8)
In oddah wordz bruddah he da fah nee kine wit potagee mout. Dat mo' behtah. Fo real you know. I no keed you.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DonRich90 said:
Hi Bob! I wouldn't be too concerned about winds blowing over your covered bike. I've had covered bikes sitting out in some strong storms and never had one blow over.
The recent localized high winds were really unusual and did a lot of damage in areas that never had those types of problems before. Did you see the damage at Mountain and Singer Rds. caused by some type of wind bursts Saturday morning? Wow! Our Burgmans would have probably been blown away. :D
Don
Hi Don,

Yes the winds were unusual. I didn't see the damage at Mountain and Singer Rds.

Was it on TV or were you there?

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
BobG said:
ksmall1998 said:
Norm

U DA MAN

8)
In oddah wordz bruddah he da fah nee kine wit potagee mout. Dat mo' behtah. Fo real you know. I no keed you.
OK - concede defeat on that one and request decode at your convenience! :)

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Rough translation:

"In other words brother, He's the funny kind with a potty mouth. That's much better. For real you know. I'm not kidding you"

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
But that isn't English is it? - sounds like some Jamaican or Negro patois?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts