Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a aftermarket WS for my K8 400. I have the Cee Baily standard and it isn't tall enough for me. Can't go the $300 for a new Givi AF266. I'd be happy to trade the Cee Bailey, or maybe sell it so I can go but the taller one.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Looking for a aftermarket WS for my K8 400. I have the Cee Baily standard and it isn't tall enough for me. Can't go the $300 for a new Givi AF266. I'd be happy to trade the Cee Bailey, or maybe sell it so I can go but the taller one.
I have a Factory stock windscreen - if that is what you are looking for.??

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I'm looking for a taller aftermarket WS. I guess I'll bite the bullet and order the adjustable Givi. Once I get that and install it I'll put the Cee Bailey up for sale here. If anyone is interested in the Cee B, let me know. It may be a couple weeks before the Givi arrives and I can send out the Cee B.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've got a Givi 266DT that I'd sell for $100 + shipping. I cut 2" off of the top of and polished the edge. It looks good and just removed the bit that was "too tall". I'm 5'11" and it just wasn't comfortable for me to crane my neck to see over it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a pretty good offer, providing shipping doesn't run over $20 (Sporttour has them for $170 delivered). I am assuming you will include the support/hardware needed to mount? And no major scratches or damages--I'm not worried about the normal minor scratches I'd expect with a used windshield. I'm 5'10" so if anything the height you have yours at would be a little high which I could cut if I can't see over it.

I'll admit I was starting to lean toward buying a new AF266. I notice you have one listed on your handle. What do you think is the main advantage of the adjustability of the AF over the DT? Do you find yourself changing the height much or is it mainly a case of set it and leave it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
PM sent.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your interest, I have purchased a GIVI 266dt from another forum member. Thanks, Douglas!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts