Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Age is creeping up on me (74 years old) My 2006 Nomad is in mint condition. 14.500 miles +\-. Another $2000.00++ of extra accessories +++ included. Treated the Nomad as my baby.... No issues. I have clear title in hand. Replacement knee makes driving this Nomad difficult. Will trade Plus $$$ Cash +/- (in your favor) for a late model 650 Burgman.

Contact Paul at [email protected] or 775-324-1zerozeroeight.

Willing to make a deal in your favor if you have a low mileage, late model Burgman.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Area code 775 is in Nevada - not Las Vegas, but the whole rest of the state.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was actually thinking of getting rid of a Honda VTX1300T for a Burgman with sights on growing age making me think a scooter would be easier to ride. Well after test driving a new Burgman 650....I was not impressed. However, while at the shop they rolled in a used 2008 Kawa Nomad with very low miles! Nomad was always my favorite bike...liked it even better than my Goldwing. So.....I made a pact with myself to start working out again, losing weight and staying as healthy as possible in order to maximize my riding years on the Nomad.
At 67 I'm fairly confident I can get another 5 years on the Nomad. I've lost 35 lbs since October 2013! Ergonomics of the scooter did not fit me. Foot platform is higher and everything is done with your hands. I guess I'm an old dog having difficulty with new tricks!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I was actually thinking of getting rid of a Honda VTX1300T for a Burgman with sights on growing age making me think a scooter would be easier to ride. Well after test driving a new Burgman 650....I was not impressed. However, while at the shop they rolled in a used 2008 Kawa Nomad with very low miles! Nomad was always my favorite bike...liked it even better than my Goldwing. So.....I made a pact with myself to start working out again, losing weight and staying as healthy as possible in order to maximize my riding years on the Nomad.
At 67 I'm fairly confident I can get another 5 years on the Nomad. I've lost 35 lbs since October 2013! Ergonomics of the scooter did not fit me. Foot platform is higher and everything is done with your hands. I guess I'm an old dog having difficulty with new tricks!
I discovered today that after losing 95 pounds and giving my left thumb a rest I could get on my V-Strom 650 and ride it again. It has been sitting since last spring (have a friend who would ride it for me from time to time). I was waiting for this coming spring to sell it. Glad I hadn't yet, I love that bike. I had put almost $3,000 into the Wee-Strom to get it set up just perfect for me. So, I now have two bikes in my shed that I can ride. Two very different bikes. Now I will have to decide which bike I am going to take when I go out to ride. I am sitting here at the keyboard smiling thinking of that. And the best part is that I no longer have a left hand that hurts me. Win-win for me.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

·
Registered
25 Posts
I discovered today that after losing 95 pounds and giving my left thumb a rest I could get on my V-Strom 650 and ride it again. It has been sitting since last spring (have a friend who would ride it for me from time to time). I was waiting for this coming spring to sell it. Glad I hadn't yet, I love that bike. I had put almost $3,000 into the Wee-Strom to get it set up just perfect for me. So, I now have two bikes in my shed that I can ride. Two very different bikes. Now I will have to decide which bike I am going to take when I go out to ride. I am sitting here at the keyboard smiling thinking of that. And the best part is that I no longer have a left hand that hurts me. Win-win for me.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky
Great to hear about your turn around and return to riding. I think one of the great things about riding two wheelers...regardless of MC or scooter...is that it keeps us in good shape. It's good to have the incentive to keep us on the straight and narrow!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts