Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning from sunny San Antonio. I have a stock 08 executive. I have only put 600 hundred miles on my toy since I bought it last October. I want to ride more, however none of this cross country stuff, many of you guys do, that I admire. I keep considering on getting a new windshield. I am 5'8" tall and can see about 3" over the top (when lowered). My wife might be a passenger for 50-100 miles at most. I know about precipitation problems. I prefer being able to see over the top at some point (unless I can be convinced that the tall ones are the best). I have read many of the questions and replys, on this site about my topic. I know the wind, as many state, can be pretty tough at highway speed. If you have a minuet, I would appreciate if you would vote for your preference of brand, model, and size for me. I really would like you to vote in person but I realize you will all be mailing in ballots due to distance, cost, covid, etc. However, I'm fearful of lost, mutiple, and fraudulent votes. Therefore, I will scrutinize the polling numbers. LOL. I bet I get some good responses from members on that one. Really, thanks for your response. Have a great day and keep the rubber down.

·
Premium Member
8,330 Posts
I'm from Florida, we get to vote twice (at least)

·
Registered
120 Posts
You don't need a poll, you need to use the search box in your sub-forum. If you have found all the info you could want and still won't make a decision don't ask us. If you are happy with our decision for you we will be heroes; if you're not happy with the shield we choose for you we will be zeros. A minuet is a dance.... not socially distant. Keep in mind it's always windy at seventy+ mph. Political poop stirring goes on in the "The Tavern", thank you. I abstain.

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Don’t go there Daris....you know the rules.

But it’s a super slow pitch right over the plate....

Dave_J has enough to worry about this week.

You don’t know enough about windscreens just walk away Daris.

Daris walks away thinking....That wasn’t so hard
but it was a super slow pitch right over the plate....

Reactions: JRoss

·
Administrator
18,708 Posts
Don’t go there Daris....you know the rules.

Dave_J has enough to worry about this week.

You don’t know enough about windscreens just walk away Daris.

Daris walks away thinking....That wasn’t so hard
but it was a super slow pitch right over the plate....

(Dave J has a 2 day old Premie Grandson that is in ICU too) (Daughter is still in hospital for issues too)

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Congrats ! Grand Pa Dave .... was he born a bit underweight ? Send the mother some of that Oatmeal Ale and tell her baby formula was invented by the Devil.

A good name would be Blaze or Smokey for a boy.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You don't need a poll, you need to use the search box in your sub-forum. If you have found all the info you could want and still won't make a decision don't ask us. If you are happy with our decision for you we will be heroes; if you're not happy with the shield we choose for you we will be zeros. A minuet is a dance.... not socially distant. Keep in mind it's always windy at seventy+ mph. Political poop stirring goes on in the "The Tavern", thank you. I abstain.
Thanks for your imput. I have used the search box and read many of the windshield posts, some of which are very old. I have not found all of the info I could want to make a decision based on my information, and I was not asking for you or anyone eles to choose for me. Your opinion will not make you either a hero or a zero to me. However, if it is useful, I am very thankful. I read blogs and make up my own mind. I apologize for the typo (minuet-minute). I didn't know that you or anyone else here majored in english and would feel the need to correct my grammar. However, you did not catch my other typo (replys-replies). Shame on you. I'm still sort of a newbie here as far as posting, to what forum, and rules. I really like this site and I hope that your reply to me does not discourage me from making any future posts or keeping my membership. However, you are from Canada, I'm from Texas, and I very seriously doubt that your comments to me will make that happen. Have a good evening.

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Ready2ride ,

If you can lower it and see over it comfortably then you are good. When it gets cold here in Texas then you may raise it to get more wind protection. Ideally its best to look over it especially if it’s raining.

Bigger could hurt mpg and top mph.

I think your problem is that you really enjoy working on your bike which is a good thing.

Reactions: Ready2ride

·
Super Moderator
2,366 Posts
Well heck. A clearview large or medium, preferably with a vent if you've the coin.
Think they have a reasonable way to measure on their site.
I fear I don't know how much you can lower or raise your shield but you're a bit shorter than I am, & I found an XL just a skoosh too tall unless I'm on the freeway so run with a large or a medium. (Anyone want to buy an XL with a vent?).

·
Registered
120 Posts
I caught both your incorrect spellings, but I gave you a free one. Your sentence structure and punctuation also need a bit of work. I lived over thirty years total between Kingsville and Corpus Christi and can do the Texas two-step. I can't do the minuet, but give me a minute and I'll see if I can find a youtube video. Being from The Republic of Texas you must have a oil well or two so I guess you can afford to buy one of each windshield and try 'em all out pardner. If you need any more imput(sic) feel free to ask.... Happy Motoring. I am still abstaining.

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
I lived over thirty years total between Kingsville and Corpus Christi and can do the Texas two-step. I can't do the minuet, but give me a minute and I'll see if I can find a youtube video.
30 years in Texas will definitely leave a mark in a man’s character ..... did you learn to BBQ ? and what’s your opinion on Shiner Bock ?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ready2ride ,

If you can lower it and see over it comfortably then you are good. When it gets cold here in Texas then you may raise it to get more wind protection. Ideally its best to look over it especially if it’s raining.

Bigger could hurt mpg and top mph.

I think your problem is that you really enjoy working on your bike which is a good thing.
Thank you very much....have a great day....keep the rubber side down....

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well heck. A clearview large or medium, preferably with a vent if you've the coin.
Think they have a reasonable way to measure on their site.
I fear I don't know how much you can lower or raise your shield but you're a bit shorter than I am, & I found an XL just a skoosh too tall unless I'm on the freeway so run with a large or a medium. (Anyone want to buy an XL with a vent?).
Thank you very much....have a great day....keep the rubber side down....

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I caught both your incorrect spellings, but I gave you a free one. Your sentence structure and punctuation also need a bit of work. I lived over thirty years total between Kingsville and Corpus Christi and can do the Texas two-step. I can't do the minuet, but give me a minute and I'll see if I can find a youtube video. Being from The Republic of Texas you must have a oil well or two so I guess you can afford to buy one of each windshield and try 'em all out pardner. If you need any more imput(sic) feel free to ask.... Happy Motoring. I am still abstaining.
I guess I have to take you at your word that you caught my other typo because a man is only as good as his word. I also thank you for giving me a free one. I realize there are many out there who think that everything should be free. However, I believe nothing is free. One needs to work or fight for everything they believe. Now that I am in my 70's, after having earned both bachelor's and master's degrees from Kingsville and San Antonio, I no longer feel the need to improve my sentence structure and punctuation for anyone. It was interesting to learn that you were from the Republic of Texas since we have not been a republic for 174 years. You sound very good for your age. I have no oil wells but worked hard, retired at 58, and have never been called pardner. I had to look it up. Good luck in your endeavor to learn the minuet. I was wondering if you moved to Canada after the last election, but PLEASE do not feel the need to enlighten me. Thank you and have a great day pardner.

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Remember folks.....Be Polite in these times of stress.....I’m always failing and falling in my delivery of humor with bad grammar and misspelled words...we’re all friends here .... Would I quit drinking when my buddy slurs his words after I just bought the last round ? Heck No ! Party On !

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
(Dave J has a 2 day old Premie Grandson that is in ICU too) (Daughter is still in hospital for issues too)
Sorry about my post on windshields and then bothering you to have to move it to the Tavern. I'm still a Newbie, I think. I never wanted to come here for the tavern. I shouldn't have been cute wording my post as I did, and if I had thought more seriously, I would not have done it. I don't want to play that game. I'm only here for friendships and to learn. I hope your family gets well soon. Have a great day.

·
Super Moderator
918 Posts
Remember folks.....Be Polite in these times of stress.....I’m always failing and falling in my delivery of humor with bad grammar and misspelled words...we’re all friends here ....
Sage words from one of our many friends on this site. Humor is sometimes hard to discern from a few lines on a computer screen. If in doubt, go for the humor choice of ways to interpret things. I would be the first to admit failing many times to get my message across in the manner it was meant. There's enough problems in the world without us who share the passion for our scooters taking issue with each other.
Sorry about my post on windshields and then bothering you to have to move it to the Tavern. I'm still a Newbie, I think. I never wanted to come here for the tavern. I shouldn't have been cute wording my post as I did, and if I had thought more seriously, I would not have done it. I don't want to play that game. I'm only here for friendships and to learn. I hope your family gets well soon. Have a great day.
@Ready2ride
No need for apologies to anyone here sir. I too spend little time in this part of the forum. I share little with others so as a rule have nothing to contribute here on a regular basis. Many of us here share the same reasons you give for being a part of the forum. Being a friend and learning something new. This is truly a great bunch of folks and more than willing to share knowledge and experience at a moments notice. Please keep on posting questions and experiences you have with your Burgman. What you see or do might be the answer to a question another person is thinking.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts