Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning a trip to the mountains of Va May 1-5. I want to avoid renting from U Haul because of bad experiences before. They cost $75 so I figured $50 for a private trailer was fair. Let me know.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Have you ever ridden your Burgman from Tidewater to the mountains? I live in the mountains and have a daughter in Norfolk. Rt 460 and Rt 58 are both nice rides to the mountains through the center of the state. I won't ride my bike on I-64 and I-81 like I do my car because of the traffic.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
5 day trip with a Uhaul trailer would be $25 per day or $125 plus tax and insurance. $75 is only the deposit. Uhaul is only as good as the dealer serving you. ;)
Have you tried any other equipment rental places around your area?

·
Premium Member
6,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you ever ridden your Burgman from Tidewater to the mountains?
I have.

I live in the mountains and have a daughter in Norfolk. Rt 460 and Rt 58 are both nice rides to the mountains through the center of the state. I won't ride my bike on I-64 and I-81 like I do my car because of the traffic.
Okay

5 day trip with a Uhaul trailer would be $25 per day or $125 plus tax and insurance. $75 is only the deposit.
I got a quote for $15 a day, but I did not realize the quote I got would only be a deposit. That only strengthens my resolve not to go through rental places.

No. MC trailers are a specialty, so they are not common. Also, see my response above and this post:
http://burgmanusa.com/forums/24-cla...t-mc-trailer-se-virginia-50-a.html#post769417

:D

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
Do you know anyone that has a trailer for hauling
a riding lawn mower, that you could borrow??
I have a 5 X 8 trailer that I use to haul my Burg 400..
it has worked out very well. Easy on, easy off,
& tows easy too.

·
Premium Member
6,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you know anyone that has a trailer for hauling
a riding lawn mower, that you could borrow??
I think some of you are missing the point of this post.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I know Sean has one, but he lives here in Cincinnati. It's one of those Trailer in a Bag deals. It's actually a pretty sweet trailer.

·
Premium Member
6,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would like to amend my last comment.
I realize this is a forum where people are used to asking for advice, and people are used to giving advice.

However, in this particular case I am not looking for a solution or an alternative. I REALLY DO want to rent a private trailer for this trip. Nothing else.

I do appreciate the concern though.

·
Registered
770 Posts
5 day trip with a Uhaul trailer would be $25 per day or $125 plus tax and insurance. $75 is only the deposit. Uhaul is only as good as the dealer serving you. ;)
U-Haul rents a motorcycle trailer (look for little 20.5-8-10/205/60-10 tires and unit number starting with MT) for $14.95/day. I have used them several times and they work beautifully.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts