Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I want to see if there is any interest in a Tech day /Farkle day gathering.

The folks who ride Airhead BMW's periodically have a Tech day to repair, rebuild, install and just generally fettle old BMW's.

It is usually held at a members home, folks chip in for food and or liquid refreshments.
They have done everything from rebuilding transmissions to finding elusive electrical gremlins.

Since our Burgmans are pretty new, I figure the interest would be more along installing some cool farkles more than repairing .

What say yea : :?: :?:

·
Registered
314 Posts
This is something I would be interested in. Obviously the time and location are key, but I am always looking for any excuse to go to NC/TN/KY/OH/IN to ride or tinker.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Ok I'll donate my home.
Bring all your Farkles and refreshments and we'll have a great time!
What Day you Ask? Any Day I'm as Every Day is Farkle day around my home!

·
Administrator
18,345 Posts
We have asked this in the past with not much response.

But I'm in. I have Sat, Sun and Mondays off. A big garage (needs cleaned out some) if its a rainey day, most of the tools, a motorcycle jack, 8,000 feet of grass and twice that in woods for horseshoes and grenade toss. :twisted:

I could even put up a overnighter if anyone rides in from far away.

There are many other meet ups thru local rider groups too, like the PNW riders.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Great idea. Too bad we are stretched out around the world. My friends call me a gadget collector. I'm always giving websites to Burgman owners who are interested in my accessories

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder what it would take to get the forum admin folks to add in a "Regional"section . Something like they have on Adventure rider maybe ??
Way beyond my computer skills to do it.

I have a good sized garage and a nice tool box and am willing to participate.
Plus i would like to add some farkles to my Burgman that are beyond my skill level.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
I'm always willing to host such an event as well. I usually have a flock of Burgmans in some form or another at my house throughout the year lol. Though I only have a one car garage with a side room that also fits a bike but I've got enough tools to do most work. But I'm always game for a tech meet (no pun involved :lol: )

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
it's an excellent idea...

we should decide on two annual tech days that will be hosted in different parts of the country by those that are willing to host them.

it will catch on after a few events by those that want to learn and be part of it.

one at the start of the riding season, right before Spring and one at the end of the riding season like late Fall early Winter.

they can be about how to do maintenance, change oils etc... air filter, brake fluids / pads maintenance

attendees at each location can come up with their own preferences and what they want to do at the event.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks LeDude :thumbup:

That is what i was hoping for to get it started. I'll bet it grows and we can have regional tech day's .
If nothing else it will bring like minded riders together, and who knows we all might learn something and save some $$ by learning to do it ourselves.

It works for the AirHead BMW riders why not us :D

·
Registered
842 Posts
Where's mitch? Maybe he can help pitch in and represent the AN400 club.
You could have the spring tech date in the colder states and the the fall tech date in
the warmer states. Sounds like something cool may be brewing here. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Yeah, and Mitch has got my old cvt tool too lol (should have kept that thing in hindsight :banghead: )

1 - 14 of 14 Posts