Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Want to Buy But don’t Understand

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  zrx212 
#1 ·
A Malossi clutch and bell. BUT all I can find are located in Italy?
Does anyone in the USA carry their products at a reasonable price?

ALSO
i was looking to buy Malossi Clutch + Bell Maxi Fly Ø 160 Burgman An 400 Ie 4T LC 2007 2008 2009….. but don’t understand some of the description that is in bold.
Are these the correct parts for my 2008 burgman 400 ?

Thank You in Advance for your help!
Butch

#2 ·
#3 ·
Correction, orders over $149 shipped free, mine came thru UPS, check out the rest of the B400 parts list, BTW they also sell OEM style clutch and bell, etc. Burgman 400 2007-> : Scooterpartsco.com KIM, that the Malossi "Fly Clutch" for the Burgman 400 is "not adjustable" like the smaller scooter versions, it engages at a slightly higher rpms, besides that, IME is a great clutch (y)

#4 ·
So I’m considering the “fly clutch” that Malossi makes. I have reached out to Uncle Fester as he is running one in his 2016 burgman.
Aparently it reacts differently than the standard Malossi 5 pad clutch. I’m going to replace the bell so the mate up correctly.
‘Your thoughts and expertise is appreciated.

#6 ·
Malossi
So I’m considering the “fly clutch” that Malossi makes. I have reached out to Uncle Fester as he is running one in his 2016 burgman.
Aparently it reacts differently than the standard Malossi 5 pad clutch. I’m going to replace the bell so the mate up correctly.
‘Your thoughts and expertise is appreciated.
Malossi only makes one clutch type for the Burgman's 400, The " Malossi Maxi Fly clutch ", the "Maxi" means is made for larger scooters applications and is pre-calibrated to the specific scooter/application, IOW, is not user adjustable, You can buy clutch and bell set = "Malossi Fly Clutch System" (Link above) for about $200 (y) or buy them separate. BTW the Malossi is 5 shoes just like oem.

I believe "Uncle Fester" is running/using a Dr Pulley "Hit Clutch", is fully adjustable for both engagement and lock rpms, eliminates "most" of the clutch slippage noise at engagement. BTW, it's a 4-shoe clutch. From what I read and little use experience very good quality part, Dr.Pulley does not sell/make a clutch bell. Hit clutch retails for approx. $370 USD :eek:, some around Dr. Pulley HIT Clutch 261302 - Burgman 400cc (buggypartsnw.com) otherwise slow boat from china.:unsure:

If you do a lot of slow stop/go driving, the hit clutch (properly adjusted) would probably be a better option, but if you just want similar to stock operation with a better/cheaper clutch (IMO/IME), hard to beat malossi.

If you decide on the hit- clutch, I would definitely use a Malossi cluctch outer/bell Malossi Clutch Bell for Suzuki Burgman 400 K7-present [7715576] - $89.97 : Scooterpartsco.com , better part than oem and approx 60% cheaper o_O

Another factor to consider is these are wear/tear parts, no warranty beyond shipping damage :unsure:

#7 ·
BTW, when you consider that Suzuki OEM/original clutch and bell retail for approx. $450 USD, performance/better quality parts, like Dr. Pulley Hit clutch with a Malossi bell seem like a bargain. Even the Malossi clutch/bell set are priced similar to "Chinese oem clones" that are available in the US. :whistle:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.