Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several Months ago I bought a Burgman 650. My HAM buddy thinks I traded my Stella in on it, but I've still got it. I just love the old vintage style scooters. It's basically a Vespa, everything will interchange. I originally bought it for RVing, but started riding it to work to save on diesel fuel. So I went from $250.00 a month on fuel to $37.00 a month. I decided I wanted something with a little more get up and go. I searched around and found the Burgy 650 and haven't looked back since. I have seen a few more scooters around town but haven't been able to round them up yet for a weekend ride.

Giddy Up!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Greetings, Scooter Trash. Welcome to the ICOBO. :hello2:

We've got a few other members from Texas, at least one from Waco that I know of.

Did you get a silver 650, or one of the slow ones? ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Scooter Trash

Scooter Trash,

Welcome and just wanted to say we lived in Waco for three years back before dirt---late 69 through 1972.
Enjoy your new Scoot.
Loved your little town!

Roundman

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Welcome!

Welcome! Glad to have you with us. We are one big happy scooting community and getting bigger everyday.

Dee

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
Sorry Bud....I thought you traded the Stella.
He got a silver 650.....my blue 400 is the fast color. :D :D :D
I'll have to call you....the guy in Whitney wants to have a meet up with us at the ICE HOUSE on Hiway 6.
I saw a light sky blue something over the weekend. Maybe an Aparilla??
It has tail-lights that are on the back corners.....sorta like a Volvo stationwagon. Anybody recognize this poor description??? :?:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Brian said:
Greetings, Scooter Trash. Welcome to the ICOBO. :hello2:

We've got a few other members from Texas, at least one from Waco that I know of.

Did you get a silver 650, or one of the slow ones? ;)
Is the silver 650 faster than the other models then ?????????????

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
[quote="normski"Is the silver 650 faster than the other models then ?????????????[/quote]

No, it's just that the owners are slower.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ken

:eek:gre:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
normski said:
...Is the silver 650 faster than the other models then ?????????????
Well of course!

Quicksilver; Silver Streak; The Silver Bullet; "Hiho Silver, away!" The examples just go on and on.

But what about blue?

When one is depressed he's said to be feeling blue.
When you're angry you might be swearing a blue streak, but you're just standing there. And of course we have "blue cheese" and "once in a blue moon." None of these are stellar examples of analogies to speed.

(And let's not even consider "blue movies." :shock: )

So I think it should be clear from the above that the silver 650s are faster than other colors.

Either that, or I'm just a big teaser who rides a silver 650. :wink:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Brian said:
But what about blue?

When you're angry you might be swearing a blue streak, but you're just standing there. And of course we have "blue cheese" and "once in a blue moon." None of these are stellar examples of analogies to speed.

So I think it should be clear from the above that the silver 650s are faster than other colors.
On the other hand, when something is said to be "blue-shifted" it's coming toward you at a considerable velocity! :D

When it's retreating from you, it's called "red-shifted".

The reason is because blue is a higher frequency than red, and you have to go through silver (frequeny-wise) to get from red (low frequency) to blue (high frequency) so I posit that blue is faster than silver! :lol:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Alan_Hepburn said:
Brian said:
But what about blue?

On the other hand, when something is said to be "blue-shifted" it's coming toward you at a considerable velocity! :D

When it's retreating from you, it's called "red-shifted".

The reason is because blue is a higher frequency than red, and you have to go through silver (frequeny-wise) to get from red (low frequency) to blue (high frequency) so I posit that blue is faster than silver! :lol:
Whew! You had me going for a second there. Then I read the part in bold type, and I realized that you were reaching -- grasping at straws in a vain attempt to sooth your silver envy.

Silver is a precious metal, but its perceived color depends upon the light source under which it is viewed. The reason is that it relects all colors equally, unlike gold which reflects yellow most strongly.

Since silver reflects all colors, it is reflecting red and blue equally.

Now in the case of our silver-colored Burgmans, we actually have a metallic grey. Grey is a mixture of white (the presence of all color) and black (the absence of all color). You don't go from red to blue to get silver...

You elliminate them! Mwaa ha ha ha! :twisted:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Physics

Ho no, are into dimentional shifts now. Ha look here it's relative, ha. It all depends on your position and speed within the universe you are in at the time, or not time, if you know what I mean :roll: :(

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Re: Physics

normski said:
...or not time, if you know what I mean :roll: :(
Well of course.

It's like what Stephen Hawking refers to as "the Elsewhere" -- except this would be the "Elsewhen." :idea:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Brian said:
[Silver is a precious metal, but its perceived color depends upon the light source under which it is viewed. The reason is that it relects all colors equally, unlike gold which reflects yellow most strongly.

Since silver reflects all colors, it is reflecting red and blue equally.

Now in the case of our silver-colored Burgmans, we actually have a metallic grey. :twisted:
So, you're saying that although Silver is a precious metal, the so-called Silver Burgman is just a dingy grey?

I think the problem here is "hue-envy".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
14 Posts
It all a refraction of perception

:lol: An experience of something we categorise as something ie Silver. We normally associate this as a material substance, the Odd thing about all this is, it generates an emotion, differing in every individual. Also it will depend on our mood at the time too. It’s a quantum effect you know :shock:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts