Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2007 standard 650. I am looking for a little more sound from the exhaust. A slip on or an full system would fit the bill.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just purchased a 2007 standard 650. I am looking for a little more sound from the exhaust. A slip on or an full system would fit the bill.
Thanks.
Why? Isn't the world noisy enough?

Loud doesn't usually mean more power or better mileage. Just more annoying.

My humble opinion

Blakers

·
Registered
75 Posts
It's no crime to want an aftermarket exhaust. I have them on my Burgman and Silverwing and they're both respectfully quiet and good performing exhaust. I have no desire to try to turn these bikes into Superbikes, I just prefer the look and a little tone.

I hope you find what you're looking for,

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
We had a member of our local scooter club put a loud exhaust on his Burgman. We went on a nice ride out of town and the leader asked him to ride in the back of the line so no one would have to listen to his exhaust. He left the ride about half way to our destination and has never came on a ride with us again. We can only assume he took offence at being asked to ride in the back but one of the best things about scooters is how quiet the ride is. We have asked some others on loud motorcycles to ride in the back and they understood and still came back again. I can understand someone wanting to improve their ride and that's fine, but I see no reason why I should have to ride in back of a loud bike when I go out for a nice quiet ride. If I was asked to ride in the back I'd just offer to be the tail gunner. I was tail gunner for a couple of years and I liked being able to not have to stay as tight and look at the scenery without anyone behind me.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Why? Isn't the world noisy enough?

Loud doesn't usually mean more power or better mileage. Just more annoying.

My humble opinion
My opinion too!

I love quiet bikes. Sure would hate to ruin a beautiful ride out in the country by having a loud racket reverberate off the surrounding hillside.

Had loud(ish) bikes back in my younger wilder days. Never again. Wont even ride with those that do.

·
Registered
230 Posts
IMG_20140228_151114.jpg
I have this full yoshi system on mine
Is it noisier YES
Does it go quicker YES i have gained 7hp with an k&n air filter and a dyno as the burgman has a little play in its standard ecu to adjust mixture
Its funny some days i think its quite noisier and i don't like the sound and other times especially when i am thrashing it through the hills it sounds great so for now it stays on
still have the original exhaust which is so small in diameter compared to the yoshi

1 - 9 of 9 Posts