Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I had a login here awhile ago, but I have no idea what happened to it. Ah well. I have a 2006 Burgman 400 and seem to have a short in it that we're trying to trace through the wiring loom.

Just to confirm that this is indeed the case, would any of you with an '06 AN400 be willing to take the battery out (or at least disconnect the leads), then test with an ohm meter across the positive and negative leads (of the bike, not the battery) and tell me what your resistance is with the ignition switch on?

Thanks in advance! :D

·
Registered
302 Posts
You must be kidding. Putting the new battery in was a nightmare. Once I got it in I couldn't get to the leads. Then I had to try to get the cover panel back on. I almost didn't put it on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry you had that problem, but we've replaced the battery before (over 25K miles on it, so I'd hope so) and not had any problem like that whatsoever.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
You must be kidding. Putting the new battery in was a nightmare. Once I got it in I couldn't get to the leads. Then I had to try to get the cover panel back on. I almost didn't put it on.
I know what you mean!! Mel, even that are models are allmost Alike my 07,

I Purchased a new battery to replace my old 10.0 AMP Motobatt,

I replaced it with a 20.0 Amp Motobatt, it has a Height advantage then the Original Battery took me 70 Minutes to install.. Left the Cover off Wont fit Batterys to Tall, and Left the Slide Plate out as well, Battery to big for it as well..:confused: But if you want to move up in Amps you have the Room for it?

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I Purchased a new battery to replace my old 10.0 AMP Motobatt,

Urgh....My first MotoBatt went bad in 9 months now the replacement is starting to start slow 6 months later........Not a fan of MotoBatt. :protest:
I've had to use my 8 year old Yusa battery to jump it off many times. :rolleyes:

I will go measure the resistance as soon as the frost gets off the garage door JanniBurgie....Be Patient. ;)

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
OK Measurements are:

Ignition OFF - 4.2 Meg Ohms

Ignition ON - 1.9 Ohms

Hope that Helped!

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Urgh....My first MotoBatt went bad in 9 months now the replacement is starting to start slow 6 months later........Not a fan of MotoBatt. :protest:
I've had to use my 8 year old Yusa battery to jump it off many times. :rolleyes:

I will go measure the resistance as soon as the frost gets off the garage door JanniBurgie....Be Patient. ;)
Sorry!! that happend to ya!! Scootereno, the only problem i had with the Old Motobatt was it would not Start when it was Cold, Other then that it seem fine in warm weather, One of the reasons why i put a Higher AH battery this time, and will keep a record of it when it starts acting up.

when this one start acting up in the Cold again i will grab a Sign and Join you...........:shock:

Elliott,

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
This may be helpful as well. The red trace is battery voltage on a 5 V/div scale, the blue trace the start up current draw on my '03 400, key on engine off. The current probe I used outputs 10 mV/A making the 'scope's 100 mV/div scale represent 10 A/division:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts