Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a part number for the "correct" model for the 650? Also, any step by step instructions for install? I had one on my 1500 Cruiser and NEED to get one for this scoot. Thanks, Mike (Wondering HOW to get to those handle bars?)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Re Vista Cruser Throtle lock

Yes you can put a Vista Cruser lock on a 650. I used a Universal model
I took the 2 plastic parts off the handle bars instaled the lock as per instructions and then cut / sanded with a Dremel tool both parts of the handle bar covers to fit as needed. It looks good and works better than it did on my V-Strom.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Guys!

I just put an o-ring on my 400 that is made by caterpiller. It rolls down

between the end cap and the throttle. It holds the throttle, but you can

turn it with no problem. Cost $2.74 worth a try. I got the idea by using

the search and typing on oring.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
flojo100 said:
Guys!

Yep. I use one on both the Burgman and the V-Strom. Works as good for me as a Throttlemeister (I had a Throttlemeister on my previous motorcycle). I also think that once you get used to it, it is easier to engage & disengage than the Throttlemeister.

Where did you buy yours? (I got mine at Nebraska Machinery.)

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I am using the same "o" ring idea and it works great,
I also put the "o" ring on a small " key ring" so now I have something handy (the key ring ) to grab to slip the "o" ring into place. :)

if your not using the "o" ring most likely you have no idea what I am talking about. I'ts hard to explain :?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got the o-ring from my local international truck dealer who deales in
cat stuf. I went in with the part no. and he had it that afternoon!
One thing I did was to put a flat washer on the end of the handle bar
to keep from rolling the ring off the end. Just had it on 2 days with practice may not need the washer. My ride to and from work is on a 2 lane that has seams in the road that are 2-3 inches high BUMP the lock
helps with keeping a steady speed. I ride a 400 dose a 650 ride alot better?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I've never ridden a 400, so I can't really compare the ride. I would guess that the 650 rides somewhat better. It has slightly bigger wheels, radial tires, and more weight, which should add up to some improvement. But sharp bumps like road seams, frost heaves, and railroad crossings are still felt more than I'd like.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Re: Re Vista Cruser Throtle lock

magyver said:
Yes you can put a Vista Cruser lock on a 650. I used a Universal model
I took the 2 plastic parts off the handle bars instaled the lock as per instructions and then cut / sanded with a Dremel tool both parts of the handle bar covers to fit as needed. It looks good and works better than it did on my V-Strom.
I've had others suggest removing the grip, grinding down the ridge that holds the grip in place, then installing the Vista Cruise.

Your method sounds better. Any pictures posted anywhere?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pictures...?

Guys,

Can I SEE any of these modifications? Are there posted pictures that I missed?

Both would be nice to see - not sure if I'm understanding what I 'm reading.

Thanks, Rob

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
pauljo said:
Guys!

What size?

·
Registered
553 Posts
throttlemeister

pauljo said:
flojo100 said:
Yep. I use one on both the Burgman and the V-Strom. Works as good for me as a Throttlemeister (I had a Throttlemeister on my previous motorcycle). I also think that once you get used to it, it is easier to engage & disengage than the Throttlemeister.

.)
Hey Paul
I've been trying to figue the Throttlemeister out. Iv'e seen the little clip they show on thier web site and I see how they turn it back and forth but do you have to hold your thottle at the speed you are going and then somehow turn the bar at the end? That almost seems like you would have to hold the throttle open with your left hand and adjust the Throttlemeister
with your right hand. Or do you turn loose of your throttle and then adjust the Throttlemeister to where you want. You can see why I'm confused about how you operate it. :?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
You have to release the throttle, twist the Throttlemeister to engage it, then roll your throttle back up to the setting you want. (You can easily turn the throttle when the Throttlemeister is engaged - there is just some friction that makes the throttle stay were you put it when you relax your grip.) When you twist the Throttlemeister the other way to release it, your throttle will immediately close - and you have to roll it back up to speed.

The O-ring that I use now works much the same way. I just find it quicker to engage & release than twisting the Throttlemeister, and of course it costs much less.

The easiest throttle lock to use is the Vista-Cruise type, and you can set & release it without releasing the throttle. But you do have to do some modification to get one installed on a Burgman.

I had a Throttlemeister on my Kawasaki Concours, and I found it to be the least convenient throttle lock to use, and the most expensive as well. But they do look nice - the machining of the bar ends is gorgeous.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I got the o-ring today. Price was pretty steep. :D Cheapest add-on so far.

Steve

1 - 15 of 15 Posts