Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the Yamaha Vista Cruise in today's toy truck delivery. The ISO grips haven't yet arrived, so I decided to try it with the stock grips - should work, right?

In trying to fit it to the gap between the rubber grip and the plastic switch housing, I find that there is hard plastic. The gap between the hard plastic ridge (which is integral to the stock grip) and the switch housing, there is not enough space for the Vista Cruise.

Did I get the wrong Vista Cruise? I ordered it by the recommended part #, though that doesn't show up anyplace on the order.

Does the Vista Cruise not work with the stock grips? The plastic ridge appears to be part of the throttle sleeve...

I've read the 6 threads that seem to refer to Vista Cruise and Install.
I'm still not clear on what gets dremeled and how...

If anybody has pictures of what any of the steps between removing the original grip and sealing up the completed installation, I'd sure like to see them.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
McQ said:
...Does the Vista Cruise not work with the stock grips? The plastic ridge appears to be part of the throttle sleeve...

I've read the 6 threads that seem to refer to Vista Cruise and Install.
I'm still not clear on what gets dremeled and how...
It's the "ridge" that has to be removed. You can slide the grip itself out to make room for the VistaCruise, but the ridge on the sleeve would still be in the way; and you can't move the sleeve out becuase of the way it's attached to the bar. So you just grind it down to be flush all the way across.

At least I think that's how it goes. I bought a VistaCruise last year, but never installed it. The Throttle Rocker I bought at the same time works so well that I've never got around to installing anything more.

(I almost certainly will install the VC, or at least get a Catapillar O-ring, in a few weeks though, before I set off on my Iron Butt challenge. With 1,000 miles in 24 hours and 1,500 miles in 36 hours, my right hand is bound to need a rest.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts