Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in Madrid (where it is crazy cold and raining!) and I've seen more Burgmans, especially big ones, than I have than any other European city I've visited. I've seen a number of Burgman 650 Executives, along with 400's, 125's and lots of other big CC scooters. Seems that a lot of them are several years old, back before Spain's economy hit the skids. Too bad I'm working, or I'd have time to explore some more!

:thumbup:

·
Administrator
18,752 Posts
Lease a shipping container space and ship them back. I'd buy a Burgman 250 and a 125. :thumbup:

Have a wonderful time. :thumbup: Spanish food and drink is far from Mexican fair. Spent 1 week with a Spanish Army communication unit outside of Zaragosa. Those Spaniards military can eat and drink, stuffed all day and drunk at night.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
larrysb said:
I am in Madrid (where it is crazy cold and raining!) and I've seen more Burgmans, especially big ones, than I have than any other European city I've visited. I've seen a number of Burgman 650 Executives, along with 400's, 125's and lots of other big CC scooters. Seems that a lot of them are several years old, back before Spain's economy hit the skids. Too bad I'm working, or I'd have time to explore some more!

Same thing in Rome and also in Athens............!!!!!!!!! Tons of cool scoots..........

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Spaniards really know good motrorcycle, Burgman. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Dave_J said:
Lease a shipping container space and ship them back. I'd buy a Burgman 250 and a 125.
Those small cc engines work great in Europe, but in the USA, I think you'll get runned over anytime you venture out on the hwy. My 650 is fantastic in the urban areas, - quite peppy and nimble - but I sure could use another 100cc's when I hit the interstate around here. THere's now a section of hwy near me where the speed limit is 85mph...which means we can go 95-99mph w/o getting pulled over and ticketed.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Motorists-begin-going-85-or-more-on-Texas-3977980.php

I need to maintain 90mph just to keep up w/ the flow of traffic on the left lane anytime I hit the HWY in my state. :lol:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been to Rome and many other cities in Europe and although there are TONS of scooters, I have to say Madrid is the only place I've seen where Burgman 650's and 400's are commonplace, along with other large-displacement scooters of various makes. Usually I have seen 125cc or so be the norm on scooters throughout most of Europe. Saw a couple of 650's in Rome, but that was about it.

Saw Silverwings, big Burgmans, big Piaggio and lots of other big-engine scooters in Madrid though. I suspect a lot were bought a few years back when the illusion of prosperity was in full force.

Now, when I was there, I got to see protestors throw Molotovs at the police outside my hotel window. Seriously. It is a shame, Spain has so much going for it and great potential for a vibrant economy.

·
Registered
146 Posts
larrysb said:

Pics Pics Pics......:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts