Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished up the installation of another VIP trunk installed to wife's Burgman 650 and Texas sidecar on page 2 in the gallery titled:
650 Burgman with Texas sidecar under section 5. Didn't want to bore the forum with a repeat installation, but thought you might want a look.

Helix
:) [/b]

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Thanks for sharing that.

Although it will not take 2 full face helmets it is a great looking trunk. Would it be possible for another phot of either machine that would illustrate the trunk lights in operation. Is that a reflector built into the rear spoiler?

You say you had to drill the trunk to align with the givi platform fixing points - I take it that the trunk is not therefore a one click one hand release!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Norman,
Each corner of the trunk has LED red turn signals. Clear area above turn signals is for looks only. Top red area of turn signal is reflectors. The trunk wing is the red LED brake light. If you hook up the brown wire you get runnings lights that strobe back and forth on the wing light too. In Iowa can't run a strobing red light, so had to unhook brown wire. At least the wing light comes on very bright when we hit the brakes. Tryed to show the emergency flashers with the turn signals flashing, but camera flash messed everything up. Hope this helps.

Helix :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Norman,
You are correct the VIP trunk is not a quick release. I removed the protruding tabs on the plastic base plate and bolted direct to the metal plate. Made for a nice trunk plateform though and clean installation. I Really like the GIVI setup.

Helix
:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts