Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can "every" post since your visit the shown on the search result page in chronological order if possible? If I remember correctly, it was like that in the past. It would make it easier to find the posts you have not read.

Thanks for maintaining the site.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
There is a group of links on the top right hand corner of the forum front page that say:

"View posts since last visit
View your posts
View unanswered posts"

Is this what you mean?

-Bryan

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I use "View Posts Since Last Visit" a lot. For the most part, it works well. It does have several glitches that will occasionally cause you to miss a few posts.

1. If you have a long list of posts to look through, and maybe take the time to do a reply or three (spending some time going through the list), it is likely that other members will have posted a few new items during that time. If you simply exit the forum after reviewing that first list, your exit time becomes the beginning search time the next time you use the feature. So you'll miss whatever was posted during the time you were on the forum when you use the feature on your next visit.

A way around that is to go back to the index after you've reviewed the initial "Posts since last visit" list, and run it again. Look through the new list of messages for anything new. You have to do this BEFORE you exit the forum, or your visit time will get updated. Do this until you get no more new messages in the list.

2. If you accidently exit the forum or close your browser, you are hosed. Your exit time becomes the start time for the next search, so you won't get that same message list back. The only alternative at that point is to "walk" through the index looking for new posts.

3. If you hit one of those sporadic times when the forum is not performing right, and you sit and wait for a while, then abandon your attempt to enter the forum - again your are usually hosed, because the time you abandoned the forum becomes the new start time the next time you get in and do a "View posts since last visit" search.

Outside of these 3 situations it works well and is much faster than "walking" through the whole index looking for new posts.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bryan, yes.

Paul thanks for the reply.

I did explain myself very well, which is not unusual for me. An example, if three people post replies to a topic, only the last poster shows up on the list of "view posts since last visit". I was thinking that at one time all three reply posts would be shown on the list in the order they were posted.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
roy_ryall said:
if three people post replies to a topic, only the last poster shows up on the list of "view posts since last visit". I was thinking that at one time all three reply posts would be shown on the list in the order they were posted.
The category only shows up once in the list, but I like it that way. If you have a long list of messages, it would get more cluttered if the same categories showed up multiple times. You have to scroll to the end of the category anyhow, so I just look for all the dates/times toward the end of the category that are current. My messages sort with the most recent ones last. I think there is a drop down box that allows us to change that - I've never tried it though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts