Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to attempt to change out my front brake pads and bleed the brakes as well on my 400. I've been searching youtube for a video on how to do this on the 400 but can't seem to find one.

The only ones I've found are part 1 and 2 of McDerman's rear pad replacement on a 400 and LeDude's front pad replacement on a 650. Can't seem to find on on the front pad replacement for the 400.

Can anyone point me to a video tutorial on the 400 front pads? Is the process similar to the 650 front pad replacement that LeDude posted on youtube?

Thanks in advance to everyone for your help.

·
Registered
828 Posts
i have recorded one showing how to clean up the pistons from corrosion, i thought no one will need a video on how to change the pads :( my mistake.
For me i went ahead without referring to any source but my mechanical knowledge.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
How about this by our very own Micsbergsma:

Part 1
Part 2

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
@NormanB: you beat me!

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
:) sorry:)

I am even sorrier that his main you tube focus is his GoPro Channel (which is a treasure trove). The Scooter stuff has taken a back seat.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Norm and Hussein. Thank you very much for the suggestions. I did watch those videos of his but they were for the rear brakes. I guess the same process applies to the front as well except times two. Was hoping someone made one for the front. I'm a little anal about things and wanted to make sure that I didn't make any mistakes and Mitch's videos are pretty awesome and easy to follow.

Thanks again guys!

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Be not of faint heart, the rear brakes are a little bit more involved due to the parking brake and the associated threaded piston, but other than that, the general principles that Mitch demonstrates as well as the fastener details and torque values together with the tooling apply equally to the front brakes.

The first time you attempt this I would allow a full Saturday morning. Once you are familiar and attempting for the second time, you can do it comfortably in an hour or so.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Replaced front pads yesterday and can confirm it's simpler than the rear as access is much easier.

Tightening torque for the front caliper bolts is 35 Nm, and 23 Nm for the rear caliper bolts. Pins in both cases are 18 Nm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts