Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some people asked me what bulbs I have on my burgman so I made a video to show 8)
[youtube:1ozd55hk]ViNjlD_4Jms[/youtube:1ozd55hk]

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have found some very interesting LED replacement lamps...

I am using an 1157 replacement with built in brake flasher from www.superbriteleds.com part number 1157-R3W-FL. Not quite as bright as a regular 1157, but bright enough; when you apply power to the stop light circuit, the lamp flashes 4 times very quickly, then stays on solid; repeats after 1 minute hold-on time. I had been looking at brake lite flashers, but I like the no-wiring simplicity.

The other item I found is a replacement for 1156 turn bulb that will drop in to the oddball sockets with NO modification. It's part number 48519 from www.ledlight.com

Ride Safe!
Mark

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Nice Mitch, I'm just now doing the led installations on my exec though the mains are a new one from VLeds I'm doing a review on. Still have yet to get the rears due to the price but so far have turned out very well. -> viewtopic.php?f=24&t=61110

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
When I bought my Kisan bulbs, there wasn't a good LED replacement similar in function, so I went with the Kisan bulbs...well, actually the fixture mounts in the socket and the bulb mounts in the fixture and it flashes; they sent me two replacement bulbs along with the pair, and that's been several years ago and I've not had to replace any...but if I do, the bulbs are available about anywhere (hardware store, wal mart, etc). At the time, I think they were about $90 or so for the pair, and that's the going price now on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Kisan-TailBlazer- ... B000TK3VMU (20 watt bulbs)

I too, liked the no-wiring simplicity at the time....I'd eventually like to move up to flashing LEDs but right now these are workin great for now. :cheers:

speakone said:
I have found some very interesting LED replacement lamps...

I am using an 1157 replacement with built in brake flasher from http://www.superbriteleds.com part number 1157-R3W-FL. Not quite as bright as a regular 1157, but bright enough; when you apply power to the stop light circuit, the lamp flashes 4 times very quickly, then stays on solid; repeats after 1 minute hold-on time. I had been looking at brake lite flashers, but I like the no-wiring simplicity.

The other item I found is a replacement for 1156 turn bulb that will drop in to the oddball sockets with NO modification. It's part number 48519 from http://www.ledlight.com

Ride Safe!
Mark

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
here's the one's i'v Built these are kind of Sloppy there just Prototypes for now but working on new ones!!! the Top Side has 3 Luxeon Rebels 1-Natural White 380 Lumens, 2-Red/Orange 138 Lumens which i plan on using the new Rebel 260 Lumen RED. the Yellow Led Behind it is a X-Lamp rated at 2.8 Watts Output 271 Lumens, these are just Prototypes now so there a little Sloppy the new ones are gonna be Perfect.. with PCB boards , i dont have none on these , i just use Copper plating for heat sinking.

Don't laugh at me there my first ones.

Elliott,

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
hey @QuantumRift , the Kisan TailBlazer look pretty neat, however im concerned about power consumption, how much does the stock bulbs consume? same 20W?

thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts