Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have a Suzuki Burgmann 650 2014 model

There is a problem when I ride it comfortably from a speed of 20 mph to 50 mph, I have a vibration in the steering wheel. From 65mph to 100mph its ok, no vibration

When I drive it from 20mph to 50mph while I'm running a solid throttle, there is no vibration.

Is it a problem with the cvt belt or clutch or anything?

Edited for syntax

·
Registered
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
2,874 Posts
You can WALK 50 mph!!! COMFORTABLY!!! :oops: o_O (I know... translation).

That actually sounds most likely to be a tire wear issue. Perhaps a little cupping/scalloping of the front tire tread?
Do you keep the tire pressure up enough. I would always keep mine around 38-40 psi (2.62-2.75 bar). Never had a cupping issue in front with that.
Or it could be a slightly loose steering head nut. Easily fixed by tightening the steering head nut, but you'll have to remove some plastic around the handlebars.
Or at worse it could be a worn steering bearing but I would expect that to show up at slower speeds also.

Watch your rpm. Does it only happen over a certain rpm? When you get to high speeds and then let up on the throttle does it still happen until the speed drops below 60 mph?
But since you say you feel it in the handlebar (steering wheel?) I'd stay with looking at something with the steering head or front tire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can WALK 50 mph!!! COMFORTABLY!!! :oops: o_O (I know... translation).

That actually sounds most likely to be a tire wear issue. Perhaps a little cupping/scalloping of the front tire tread?
Do you keep the tire pressure up enough. I would always keep mine around 38-40 psi (2.62-2.75 bar). Never had a cupping issue in front with that.
Or it could be a slightly loose steering head nut. Easily fixed by tightening the steering head nut, but you'll have to remove some plastic around the handlebars.
Or at worse it could be a worn steering bearing but I would expect that to show up at slower speeds also.

Watch your rpm. Does it only happen over a certain rpm? When you get to high speeds and then let up on the throttle does it still happen until the speed drops below 60 mph?
But since you say you feel it in the handlebar (steering wheel?) I'd stay with looking at something with the steering head or front tire.
replaced new tires and rims and same problem

·
Premium Member
9,663 Posts
After re reading ops post and later about the new tires and rims, I'm thinking it's not the front end, it only happens during mild acceleraton, so , hmmm, not rear tire either and with no fault codes I don't suspect anything from the cvt forward into engine.
So cvt to final drive hasta be our problem.

Is there any vibration under hard acceleration in the 20 to 60 range?

ts the bike stock and has any maintenance been done just prior to this starting, including washing it ?

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that. Big expense, wheels, tires and mounting.
I was thinking along those same lines. Bad tire, low tire pressure, wheel chucked a weight, needs balance. Well, that is not the issue, did you check the steering head nut?

The plastic removal is probably the easiest on the bike to access the steering head nut.
Handlebar cover removal.

Front panel removal.

My friend is currently wanting to paint/powder coat his wheels black; he may be interested in your wheels depending on your location, shipping, price etc...

·
Registered
262 Posts
I think that if the vibration really emanates from the steering and it is not the tires etc, then what about unequal lengths of the front struts settings. try measuring there lengths from the bottom up to the triple tree. Have you checked the balancing of the wheel as suggested by Bigmc?

·
Administrator
18,086 Posts
I have a Suzuki Burgmann 650 2014 model

There is a problem when I ride it comfortably from a speed of 20 mph to 50 mph, I have a vibration in the steering wheel. From 65mph to 100mph its ok, no vibration

When I drive it from 20mph to 50mph while I'm running a solid throttle, there is no vibration.

Is it a problem with the cvt belt or clutch or anything?

Edited for syntax
After reading and rereading the post I edited it for American English syntax.

He has vibration when he rides mildly in the 20 MPH to 50 MPH range but when he twists the throttle hard at those same speeds there is none.

Could be a common to the 650 loose sparkplug coil.

Could be the throttle bodies are out of sync, not so common but has happened. The 2014 has computer adjusted idle but there are still balance adjusters.

Could be the steering Head bearings needing adjustment.

If Oman was not so far away I'd ride over and see if I could help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts