Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a used 2011 650 with 400 miles on it. It's 2 hours drive away from me. Test rode it and it seems ok. What would you be worried about, and what service would you do before riding it?

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Well if you have a good look at it and it looks OK that is first base.

You test rode it - did you check everthing was functional?

Give it a 'full service' when you get it home - essentially change all the fluids so you know where exactly where you are for your period of ownership.

If you can square of all of the above - you have nothing to worry about at all - well apart from constructing a long list of excuses of why it has taken you 3 hours to collect this and that when it is only a 10 minute ride away. ;-)

You should consult Le Dudes resource (google on this site) this will help and guide you.

It would be useful too if you updated your profile with your approx location.

Welcome to the forum BTW :hello2:

·
Registered
198 Posts
I would be worried about someone getting it before me and my first service would be to say thanks to your deity of choice while doing a happy dance. :eek:ccasion9: :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
well If you test rode it and are asking advise I would think it is at least a fair price, it's a buyers market right now. Norman's right a full service when you get it home. when you pick it up I would check air pressure go to the gas station top off and add a little injector cleaner and enjoy your ride home playing with all the pretty colored buttons, like I am doing next week when I pick Mine up.(9 hour ride home) thru the mountains yeha can't wait!!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
It requires that first service at 600 miles, so I'd budget for that just to keep the warranty intact. Sounds to me like the guy bought it and just didn't like the thing so it just sat for a long time. Probably isn't anything at all wrong, though it wouldn't hurt to give the battery a good charge.

And I agree with Kimbo - say thanks to your deity of choice while doing a happy dance!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
anxti welcome to the forum.
"What would you be worried about, and what service would you do before riding it?"
You said you already test drove it so if all was well all you need to do is check air in the tires and put gas in and ride it home.

"you haven't heard the asking price yet"
The price is right if you and the seller are happy.

When you get it home you can change all the fluids and you should be fine. Is the warranty still good ? Is there an extended warranty on it, all the better. It is basically a new bike.

·
Registered
220 Posts
First service, or any service does not have to be done by a Suzuki dealer to keep the warranty valid, you could do it yourself and still have the warranty valid, as many do. Yes even the BMW's can be done by their owners and it has no effect on warranty. If your dealer stresses that the bike needs to come back for service to be done there, it's a sales pitch for them.

John

PS, bikes with too low of mileage on them can be a bad thing, they could have not been broken in properly and not been ridden enough to seat engine components properly, as well as everything else on the bike. I feel much better with 2,000 miles on a 2011, but would I buy it with 300 miles on it, probably yes.

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts