Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been riding in the dark mist back and forth to work the past few monthes. Today, I took a look at the burgie in the daylight and saw just how dirty it had gotten. While working my way around the bike, I checked the tire pressure. Wow, only 28 lbs. I pumped them up to 41 and rode off. On my first couple of corners, I pracitically tipped over. The turning resistance was 1/3 it was before. I know I checked the tires 5 monthes ago. They do loose air (as we all know)

Craig

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
DAWG.... I better bust out my pressure gauge an git them puppies pumped up!

·
Registered
969 Posts
The first time I checked them, they were at around 20 lbs. After pumping them up, I didn't detect much difference. Maybe I just don't push them hard enough. :twisted:

Steve

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
wasions said:
The first time I checked them, they were at around 20 lbs.
:shock: That's half the recommended pressure! How'd you let them get so low?

wasions said:
After pumping them up, I didn't detect much difference. Maybe I just don't push them hard enough. :twisted:
Or maybe your guage is off, and they weren't really down to 20 before, and/or not up to 38-41 now.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Both my tires were set to 20 psi when my scooter was delivered to me. I think that is the "crate" pressure that Suzuki ships the machines with. I most certainly did feel a difference when I set them to proper inflation. And I did speak to both the Sales manager and the Service manager at the dealership about delivering the scooter that way.

·
Registered
270 Posts
My manual calls for 36lbs in the rear and 33lbs it the front. That's on my 650. My wife's 400 is 29lbs rear,& 25lbs front. If you have a passenager you run 41lbs in ethier bike. that's in the rear. The front remains the same. When I replaced my wife's tires,the dealer told me I had been running too much air in the rear. I had been keeping the pressure At 36lbs in the rear. This caused excessive tire wear in the rear tire. Just a little warning. Plus the scoot just handles better with the right pressure in the tires.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Weight

I weigh in at 280, so, I need the maximum pressure and I definetly feel a difference in rolling resistance and effort to lean it over. I don't want the soft tires because I'm more afraid of wheel hop in a tight turn (If you should hit a bump in a turn)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts