Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Few pics of my home made variator tool. Worked like a dadgum champ. Made it all with stuff around the garage. Got me some 19g. sliders and yes they work great! Worth every penny if you ride the highway a lot.

·
Registered
48 Posts
3/8", 1/2" or ? Here I am wandering all over the placing looking for a wrench of some sort, and then you come along and just use a "stick", duhhh. Well I have an air impact driver to get it to work, but I like your idea way better.

A piece of wood, with 4 holes and 4 screws and a looks like 8 nuts, good job.
How about a side/angle shot.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok when I get back home after work I'll take a few more pics. It's 3/4" plywood 20" long with 1 1/2" long 4-20 bolts and washers. Then just put 4-20 nuts to the ends of the bolts and wrap as much electrical tape on there as you want. Fit nicely between the fins.
There are other nice versions of this tool from other forum members.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
The only suggestion I would make is to use either 3 or 6 regularly spaced bolts. That way you have a combo variator/clutch bell tool. Couple of years ago, I stole the design of another member and made a similar tool. The addition of tubing around the bolts is good since it helps accommodate small inaccuracies in bolt spacing and allows for better distribution of force. If you look under my user name about 2 years ago, I think I put the radius I used for the bolt mounting circle. If not, I know I referenced the original thread I stole the idea from.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Went back and checked. Here's the link for my original thread. The second post has the link to Mike1nw's original thread I referenced.

The bolt hole pattern diameter is 4 1/2 inches. This allows the bolts to fit in the holes in the clutch bell housing and you have one tool for both jobs.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
The bolt hole pattern diameter is 4 1/2 inches.
Wow, that sure is a big bolt hole. Never seen a 4 1/2 inch bolt hole pattern before. :D lol.

(Sorry, that was way too easy, and just below my usual level of decorum, butt i just couldn't resist... See there I go again)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Here you go JasonHC73. A close up pic of the variator stick. I like the idea that Chatman128 had of while your in there drill some holes to match the clutch cover holes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts