Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
THANKS!!!
Road trip? That is, you have another reason to make the 150-mile trip to St. Clairsville? If so, you could save the shipping cost.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
60 and 60...thats theft. And the probably higher price to but the tire from them

Usually it's around 50 here to remove and install a tire. I take mine off on the side of the road give it to him and he does it for 25 with a new tire valve. That's fair. 10 minutes of work. Poor guy

·
Registered
106 Posts
I noticed on my 2017 Suzuki Burgman Executive that the back tire had a metal valve stem and the front had a rubber one.

I will want to put on Fobo Bike TPMS. I would think that the 2016 came the same way. Has anyone changed the stems by them self? And if not what kinds of labor charge would I be looking at if I had the dealer make the change to just the front tire. :serious
Just barged into this conversation with a question: whatnis the size of the valvestem hole in a Burg rim? I wanna get a couple of "T" stems for mine and I am getting different answers all over. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Just barged into this conversation with a question: whatnis the size of the valvestem hole in a Burg rim? I wanna get a couple of "T" stems for mine and I am getting different answers all over. Thanks!
1) What @SilentP said, above.

2) As I mentioned in post 12 in this thread, 3+ years ago, kurveygirl.com - Dzus, Vesrah, Brembo, Spring Clips and More - *** 83 Degree Valve Stem Selection Guide *** is (still) a great reference page, for anyone interested in the sizes of the rim holes for valve stems, by bike brand (and model, for some of the companies).

Reactions: Dave_J

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
These were recommended by a rider here..
I can see no reason why they would not work with FOBO.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Does the weight of those tstems not cause issues for it, like vibrations/tearing/balance?

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
Does the weight of those tstems not cause issues for it, like vibrations/tearing/balance?
I plan on rebalancing after new tire, t-stem and new TPS sending unit.

Maybe someone can answer ? I got some Ride-On tire sealant. Should I add that after balance job or before ? Will the Ride-On tire sealant foul up the TPS valve cap sending unit ?

·
Administrator
18,919 Posts
I think you will see on the TPMS packaging not to use any sealant in the tires. Yes it will coat the sensors.

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
I plan on rebalancing after new tire, t-stem and new TPS sending unit.

Maybe someone can answer ? I got some Ride-On tire sealant. Should I add that after balance job or before ? Will the Ride-On tire sealant foul up the TPS valve cap sending unit ?
When I first got the T-valves (the actual FOBO ones), I waited for a new tire install. Then, as part of the tire installation, I had the T-valves mounted, along with the FOBO sensors. Thus, everything was balanced, as part of the normal tire/mounting/balancing process, which is identical to the setup in actual bike-riding.

I'm nowhere an expert on this tire sealant stuff. Personally, I would shy away from adding any glop inside. The TPMS sensors are measuring the air pressure that comes from the inside of the tire, through the valve, and into the sensor. If any of that path is not free, fully or partially clogged up in any way, you're not going to get an accurate reading. Or so it seems to me.

In the early going on my Victory bagger (2012 - 2017), I had the Vic dealer, per his recommendation (who used them on his own Vic), install "balance beads" inside the tire, when I was having a new tire put on. As part of that process, the dealer replaced the stock Schrader valves with special ones, designed to work well with the beads. I don't know if they had little screens or mesh or something, or just a smaller opening. The point was that these physical beads could get in the valve area, and make adding air difficult (or otherwise, one trick was to make sure the valve was positioned at the top of the tire, when adding air). My point here is that if there is concern about blockage with a little physical bead, it would seem to me to be a bigger potential problem with viscous glop.

That's my take, FWIW.

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
Thanks Guys,

I’m gonna nix the TPS and use it on my pick-up and use the Ride-On with the bike.

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
1) What @SilentP said, above.

2) As I mentioned in post 12 in this thread, 3+ years ago, kurveygirl.com - Dzus, Vesrah, Brembo, Spring Clips and More - * 83 Degree Valve Stem Selection Guide * is (still) a great reference page, for anyone interested in the sizes of the rim holes for valve stems, by bike brand (and model, for some of the companies).
Thank you for that link!
Several are concerned about balance after "T" stems added. Since I use aboutv2 ounces of BB's and others use DBeads or RideOn it should be no problem!

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just.checked with Hawkshead as I need a T-Valves for the FOBo Bike 2 system. They said the following:

2020-10-09_23-05-49
Yeah, if I were selling a TPMS system, I would say the competitions units wouldn't fit on a most likely, universally threaded valve stem too. The way that exchange was worded, I would say he is honest that the large FOBO units will not fit on the 90 degree stem as they might hit the rim. Of course you would attach them to the straight upper valve.
I would gamble they would work for a cheaper price and if they don't, return them and buy the FOBOs. You can tell right away if your FOBOS wont screw onto the Hawkshead without installing them on the bike. All you got to lose is some time and maybe a few bucks if they can't be returned and you have to sell them yourself a little cheaper.
Just sayin...

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Dennis Kirk has the metal 90 deg valve stems.
Lots of places have 90-degree (or nearly so) valve stems. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, you can also get them at kurveygirl.com - Dzus, Vesrah, Brembo, Spring Clips and More - * 83 Degree Valve Stem Selection Guide *, as well as, for instance, TV25 84 Degree Tire Replacement Valve Stems ; I have purchased these (and other products), over the years, from both Kurvey Girl and Sound Rider.

That was before I started adding TPMS sensors to my bikes. I'm not trying to be a smartass, but just In case you missed this point (or it hasn't been clearly stated), if someone does decide to add external (as opposed to inside-the-rim) TPMS sensors, it is SO much more convenient to add a T valve stem. What this eliminates is having to unscrew a sensor (perhaps first having to loosen a special theft-resistant lock washer) in order to add air. Not only is unscrewing the sensors a bit of a nuisance, FOBO even states that this act shortens battery life.

So, in the absence of TPMS sensors, I heartily agree with you, i.e., 90-degree stems are very convenient. With the sensors on a bike, however, not so much.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts