Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you think the value of an 06 w/ 25k miles which had already had the CVT and belt replaced by a dealer would be? Non abs model.

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Check for comparables on Ebay's completed auctions, also CraigsList. You might also check what dealers may be selling.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
From a private party? $3-3.5k. I purchased mine for 3.3k and my buddy just bought 2 @ 3.5k, all of the with less than 5k on the clock.

I wonder why the belt has already been replaced though. 25k is awfully low to be replacing the belt on a k6.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
It depends on local supply and demand. A friend recently bought a 06 with 9,000 miles on it for $3,500. Another friend bought a 07 last fall with 17,000 miles on it for $3,000 in desperate need of tires. I bought my 09 with 11,000 miles on it with a "couple" of farkles (see below)on it last year for $4,500.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
As others have said it depends on your area. Condition of the bike, any add ons it has, and the local market for such a bike. CycleTrader and Craigslist are good for reference though I think in that $3,000-$3,500 range discussed seems reasonable for one in good shape.

I am curious as well as why/what was done to the CVT. I have an '06 with 54K that the CVT input bearing is bad and ate the primary shaft.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was replaced because of a massive cvt failure and belt was replaced. Dealer did the work...it was my friends Burgman and started making noise about 7000 miles. Dealer didn't find anything wrong and it went out totally about 24,500 with about a $4,000 repair bill which dealer marked down to $2,500. He sold it to someone else who doesn't ride. I rode it and it seems ok now. I planned to offer about $2,500 and maybe pay just a bit more but not much more.

In theory it should be as good as a new one, but still an '06 w/ 25k.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
It was replaced because of a massive cvt failure and belt was replaced. Dealer did the work...it was my friends Burgman and started making noise about 7000 miles. Dealer didn't find anything wrong and it went out totally about 24,500 with about a $4,000 repair bill which dealer marked down to $2,500. He sold it to someone else who doesn't ride. I rode it and it seems ok now. I planned to offer about $2,500 and maybe pay just a bit more but not much more.

In theory it should be as good as a new one, but still an '06 w/ 25k.
To me a lot would depend on several additional factors , first the body / plastics , then tires , does it have new OEM's or do they need to be replaced ? Then just the overall condition and are there any farkles ?
On the surface not being able to see it , I would say all things being equal $2,500 is probably a safe bet and that would be top dollar . But !! and it's a big BUT , look at the deal in it's entirety . Some times what appears to be a good deal can turn into a can of worms .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will look at it tomorrow...think it may need a rear tire and no farkles are a positive for me. It has a new belt and valve adjustment and battery but from a couple of years ago and not ridden much, in addition to all the new cvt assembly and housing.

I figured that besides a new rear now and front later I could probably get the $2500 back anytime or on a trade for a new one.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Wes , the way I look at these used 650's is this , the worst that can happen is it can become a parts bike or sold as is to a picker type for $1,500 . If you want to take the time to part one of these out you can get a little more than $1,500 for one , but it is messy and time consuming . So if you stick that $1,500 in your equation as a worst case scenario , it gives you a pretty good idea of what your exposer is . I paid 3K for an 06 with 4800 on the clock , and some here have gotten even better deals . The deals are out there but they are not easy to find , you have to work at it like any thing else in life . These CVT's and there belts can go south at 25K 50K or 75K , there is no way of knowing it's seams like it's pretty much the luck of the draw . Personally I think these 650's are hands down the best ride of all the big scooters and well worth the risk . If my 06 blows up 25k on the clock I'll take my farkles off , and dump it on Craigslist for $1,500 and just buy another one like it . So for me even the worst case scenario is still a pretty good deal . These 650's are darn near maintenance free , and then when ever BANG ! If you are mechanically inclined a belt isn't a big deal , and a CVT failure can cost around $1,200 in parts , give or take . Hope that helps .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
If the dealer would honor their work in the case of a second failure, $3500 would be on the high end. It seems the 650's tend to bottom out on price around $3k, unless there are extremely high miles or damage.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Is the stopper bolt on the 2006 model a direct replacement with the new improved one?
Not that it hasn't been covered in a million threads. '03-'09 are interchangeable with each other and '11-'14 are interchangeable with each other but you can't use the later ones in the earlier ones unless the primary pulley assembly has been updated like I did on my '03. There's about a 2mm length difference and the longer one would bottom out in the wrong year.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Is the stopper bolt on the 2006 model a direct replacement with the new improved one?
They improved the bolt to make it harder for the 09 and that is the bolt you will get when you get a replacement for your 06. Just order the bolt for your model year and you will get the improved bolt.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As mentioned, this machine had the CVT and assorted parts replaced (probably late '09 - 10) and hardly has been ridden since. Runs fine now. Is it likely the new stopper bolt was used in that repair and is there a way to tell? If not, should it be replaced at once, even though new?

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
As mentioned, this machine had the CVT and assorted parts replaced (probably late '09 - 10) and hardly has been ridden since. Runs fine now. Is it likely the new stopper bolt was used in that repair and is there a way to tell? If not, should it be replaced at once, even though new?
First gen gold color, replacement/later silver in color, and the latest with primary pulley upgrade is black in color.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts