Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rejuvenated a 2003 400 with 1209 miles on it. It was owned by a little old lady (really, my wife who never rode it) and she wants give it to GoodWill and take a tax deduction. It runs fine without any problems, it was stored properly (heated garage, stabilized gas, new battery, rubber is fine) and drives without any problems.

I have a Burgman 750 and a Vespa 150 that I ride. She has another Vespa and we ride pillion on the 750 so we don't need this bike.

Thanks,

Mike Keyes

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Where did you get that Burgman 750?

Re: the '03 400, I paid $1800 for mine, four years ago in May of 2011 with 12.3k miles on it. In 2105 I would say a nice clean '03 400 with 1200 miles is worth $750 give or take for a quick sale--maybe $1200 if you can find an interested buyer--the age will scare off many...

-----------------------------------------------------------
If indeed "It runs fine without any problems, it was stored properly (heated garage, stabilized gas, new battery, rubber is fine) and drives without any problems.", why did it need rejuvenation?

Is this a scam?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
In 2105 I would say a nice clean '03 400 with 1200 miles is worth $750
I wouldn't pay 750 in 2105. :kermit:

Personally, with the right buyer I'd value the OP's bike at 1200 from what I see in my market, but hey you never know what people are actually paying. I consider any running Burgman under 1000 to be a steal!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re:750

Wishful thinking on my part and possibly the late hour and a beer (and dyslexia does run strongly in the family.) Sorry <G>

Thanks for the estimates. I think we can give it away for $1000 tax credit or so and if someone wants it for $750 before we pull the trigger this week it is theirs. My neighbor has been eying it closely so maybe I can make his day.

By rejuvenation I meant starting it after a long period of idleness. It's in perfect shape and started after several attempts and gasoline got to motor. Now it starts every time and runs without any problems.

It won't be a scam if we give it to GoodWill.

Mike

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
PM sent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts