Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am new to scooters I purchased 2004 Suzuki Burgman 400 I really like it a lot. I live in Ontario Canada I have been looking for a drive belt for a spare in case it breaks on me It would cost over $ 200 dollars (Dealer) where I live and 2 months to get, I would purchase a good used one if anyone has one? Can anyone help me it would be deeply appreciated thanks
Sallie66

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I wouldn't purchase a used one. There is no way of knowing how many miles it had run and even if it still looks good it could snap anytime. Maybe try an aftermarket belt like Gates? Make sure you get the right belt for your model year.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
If it were me, I'd buy a new OEM belt as my back up for now. If you ride enough kms., you'll eventually need to replace the belt you currently have on your scooter with the new one ... and then you can keep your old removed one as backup. That way you know exactly how many kms are on it and the condition it was in when you replaced it.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Is the windscreen a match for my ‘06 400? If so I am interested./ In Wpg.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
...a drive belt for a spare in case it breaks on me It would cost over $ 200 dollars (Dealer) where I live and 2 months to get,
Welcome aboard
The original belt is made by Mitsuboshi -
So if you can source a Mitsuboshi belt somewhere else you don’t have to go through 5he dealer and might be able to get it cheaper

1 - 11 of 11 Posts