·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm from portugal... please sorry for my poor english
I changed V belt of my 400 k4
Rollers 21gr
But now, my belt, in variator is running in outer limit...
What can cause this?
Cluth is 2.2 mmm, limit is 2 mm... can this have anything to do with that problem?
Thank you very much

P.S - I used to be "Vorphalack" but lost acess to my account

·
Registered
326 Posts
Check to make sure that the rollers did not fall out of their track when changing the belt.If you do not keep pressure on the pulley face they will drop out causing the pulley to be fully expanded.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
I had very attention when mounting ... but I will check
But the pulley is working
The rollers are doing what is expected from them
when in iddle the belt is almost in the centre.
I will unmount and check all variator any way
thank you

·
Registered
326 Posts
The new belt will be wider than the old worn belt causing it to ride higher in the pulley. you stated that the belt was was running in the outer limit. Do you mean that it is riding above the edge of the pulley? Can you post a picture of the problem? Be sure to measure the width of the belt to make sure you have the proper belt.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Measure the old one. May be some one with more knowledge than I will come along. My experience is limited to the 2005 AN400.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
is the same belt
i made a video... I'm gonna give a bottle to my baby and edit the video...
i will back in a moment ��

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hei ....good news (for me :) )
Today belt do not rise so much as yesterday... yesterday the out of belt raise over the pulley edge ... but not today... my moto has a auto repair sistem.
Maybe that thing needs more time to go into place :)
Answering you... the face of pulley is not 100% flat but nothing that make me to buy a new one... the old one has more 3 mm than the new.
I think we cam say is the same mesure
video.... close and all transmission at maximum of 8000RPM (see all video please)
http://youtu.be/1gf9-LU-qE0

·
Registered
326 Posts
Looks like normal operation. I don't have a video of mine but that is what I remember mine looking like.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Working just like it is suppose to. The belt goes fully to the top giving you the maximum top gearing. BUT there is no threat of it going over that I see. Plus I would think it would hit the housing rather than actually come off.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
tks
yes... I now that os what video shows... But in the first time it goes outer about 1cm than in video
as i said maybe needs a few more rounds to (as we say in Portugal) "find the bed"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts