Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.saeng.com/4000.htm

Has anyone tried this product?

I noticed a lot of buffeting around my head at high speed on my 650 even with the Clearview XXL.

I wonder if anyone has tried this with my configuration (or similar).

Thanks
Charles

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Charles,

I've tried it. If your windshield solution is close, but just needs a little tweaking, it can sometimes help. Don't count on it increasing wind lift by more than 1 inch. Their claims are a little inflated I think. I ended up shimming the upper windshield mounts outward, which increased wind lift more than the edging did - and was a whole lot cheaper.

Do a forum search on "shimmed", and you will pull up some information on both shimming technique and the edging.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
I tried it a couple of years ago on the clear shield on my Honda Shadow 1100 Tourer. I installed it completely around the shield (about 7') and didn't notice any significant difference. It did really help to catch and channel the raindrops that normally roll up the shield and fly off the top edge back at the helmet.
Don

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
seatec said:
D oes not look very good on windshield in my opinion :shock:
Back in the late 70's and early 80's most all of the BMW touring and sport touring bikes had their windshields surrounded with black edging. I always kind of wanted one of those BMWs, but had more of a Kawasaki/Suzuki/Honda wallet. When I had that edging on my Burgman, it reminded me of the BMW R100RT look. Therefore I liked the appearance just fine. It was kind of a nostalgia thing.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Paul:

Go to any auto store and get a roll of auto door -edge protector, comes in colors, black white , chrome .
Used in on BMW Clearview shield.
As and added bonus it also helped kick the air flow up a little higher over the top of my helmet.
Needless to say I think it looked OK. 8)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Randy,

I've seen that stuff, but I don't really need edging since I changed the angle of the shield by shimming it. The Rifle windscreen that I had on my Kawasaki Concours came with edging very similar to that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts