Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Utopia web site down? BACK UP!

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Gambit1024 
#1 ·
Been trying to get on Utipia'a web site www.utpr.com for 2-3 days and errors everytime. Wondering what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks
Helix
:?

#2 ·
DNS can't find the domain name. Looks like they forgot to pay their domain name registration fees. You can either give them a call or fax them :

Phone: (330) 666-2602 12 Noon-5PM EST
FAX: (330) 670-9733

#4 ·
I just tried the site and got it without a problem. Seems they are ok, maybe it is a problem with your server or something else I know nothing about. When I ordered my 650 backrest I called and spoke with a very nice woman who took my order over the phone. The day I called they had some sort of winter storm and she was the only one in the office and the computers were down. She did it all with pen and paper and the product arrived when she said it would. I installed it over 2 days and have yet to test it anywhere but sitting in the garage because if the wx, but it feels good so far.

#5 ·
Yep. Back up again. Shouldn't be my ISP or else I would at least have been able to do a DNS lookup.

#6 ·
Utopia web site back up

Habu55 and Bill,

It just took us talking about it and back up it came! Habu55 any pics or advise on installing backrest would be great. I know the forum has addressed it, but any tricks or help installing to a 650 would be appreciated. I have been told taking seat off makes the install easier? :shock: I get a little shaky went I cut a hole in a seat ya know? :roll:
Thanks ......

Helix

#8 ·
Just returned from my first ride with the Utop installed. Everthing I had hoped for. Will require a few minor adjustments, but they are easily made.

Install was with seat off. Cannot imagine doing it with seat on. When removing seat I labelled all the screws and bolts so they went back in the same holes. Only touched the battery terminals together once, then I got smart and wrapped some tape around the negative wire. Did not remove the right plastic piece to disconnect the damper, just disconnected it where it connects to the seat. Used a piece of wood to hold the seat up while I removed the hinge bolts. Seat comes off easily, little more difficult to replace cause you have to align the hinge holes in a small area.

Used a new single edge razor blade to cut the seat, Clean easy cut and Utopia supplies a plastic piece to cover the slit. Totally unoticeable. Used a Dremel tool to cut throught the plastic instead of a box cutter as recommended. If you have a Dremel it is much easier. If not the cutter takes patience. Measure everyhing twice, cut once. I did not have a 9/32 drill bit so I used my 1/4 and had to work to get the holes to line up. Ended up reaming out the holes with the smaller drill bit to make them align. Wish I had the larger bit but too lazy to go to the store.

If you can find someone to help hold pieces, line things up, ettc. the install is pretty straightforward. Doing it alone may take 3 hands at times.

Good luck. Any further help I can give, just ask.

habu

#9 ·
Habu55,
Thanks for information on the Utopia install. Got the seats off the scoots. My only problem was I lost the clip that holds the dampner on one of the seat struts. Started taking tupperware off , layer by layer and finally thought do I really need that clip? Used a small bolt in its place. Back rests were ordered last week, so hope to get soon and put them on. I also watched the Utopia's video they have on their website. Nice video, helped me get an idea what I was in for.

Thanks again, looking forward to warm weather riding.........

Helix
:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.