Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2007 Burgman 650 with 3000 miles it. It came with a Utopia backrest in perfect condition as well as the seat. Since I'm going to remove the Utopia backrest as I don't care for one on the scooter I thought if anyone wanting a Utopia backrest we might could work out some kind of a deal. Like maybe we just trade seat backrest and a little cash, that way I get a nice factory backrest and you get a nice Utopia all ready mounted and ready to go. My 650 Burgman is not the Executive model and I don't know if the seats are the same, I thought there was a difference between the two. Anyway, let me know it that interest any of you who may want a Utopia and not have to spend too much money.

John

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
The difference in the seats is just the seat cover (2003-2012). The executive has a more pimply/pointy middle section. The cost of shipping a seat will cost anywhere from $25-$100 each way. Getting the box and all that.. You know shipping is the biggest hassle of any business..

You should state your specific location as that will help anyone make a decision. A local transaction would be ideal. The other option would be to buy a used seat cover and just relplace the one you have. Once the new cover is on, the cut-outs will be barely noticable if at all.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Have you adjusted and used the backrest? Mine had one on it when I got it and it was not adjusted for me and I didn't like it. When I adjusted it and used it a while, I can't imagine not having it now. Turning that little screw does make a difference.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I personally don't like the looks of the backrest on the scooter, it has nothing to do with comfort as I'm happy without it. I live in Ft. Worth, Texas and I just changed the avatar to update location and scooter type. I was thinking of just shipping the seat backrest with the Utopia rest mounted to it, not shipping the whole seat. It mainly becomes what I can workout in the deal, I may just sell the Utopia by itself and deal with the hole in the backrest.

John

·
Registered
66 Posts
PM'd you

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all who responded, I found a Butt Pad for sale and purchased it, no longer need to trade.

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts