Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do many of the Burgman 400 2003-2007 get torn down for parts? I see some on ebay but very few body panels. I need the front box part number 92111-14G20-YOJ. I am just wondering if I am wasting my time waiting for it to show up on ebay.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
They pop up from time to time. Unfortunately, body parts are the first to go in any kind of mishap. So they're hard to come by on the used market. And the ones that do are rarely perfect. They always have a scratch or two. I've been looking for a lower panel for months. :(

·
Registered
302 Posts
Or you could just go to ronayers.com and look for the part. They are worth the price....and it is 2003 - 2006, not 2007. They changed in 2007.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i have found the leg guard and the front tunnel box/cover are rare used parts indeed! Repaired the leg guard and bought the other part new.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I purchased my 400 03 Burgman it had taken a very hard hit to the right front leg guard and cracked it every way to Sunday. I did not want to buy it because it is a very costly part. I needed to buy the front tunnel cover because pieces of that were missing. So that part alone blew my budget. My friend told me to use his plastic welder to fix that part. I had my doubt's because I had tried to weld plastic with my heat and solder gun several times and it always failed. This kit cost 170.00 and has now welded 1000.00 worth of repairs for me on everything I own. The welds end up stronger than the orig. And I even made a missing glove box latch handle. This can be done by anyone with some skill and practice. You are a pro in about 10 min!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Repair is a good option. Then spray with Plasti Dip to hide the flaws. Or check out the guys at eco-exo.com . They're using the 2003-2006 AN400s to power a reverse trike and most of the plastic and allot of the other parts are left over.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I purchased my 400 03 Burgman it had taken a very hard hit to the right front leg guard and cracked it every way to Sunday. I did not want to buy it because it is a very costly part. I needed to buy the front tunnel cover because pieces of that were missing. So that part alone blew my budget. My friend told me to use his plastic welder to fix that part. I had my doubt's because I had tried to weld plastic with my heat and solder gun several times and it always failed. This kit cost 170.00 and has now welded 1000.00 worth of repairs for me on everything I own. The welds end up stronger than the orig. And I even made a missing glove box latch handle. This can be done by anyone with some skill and practice. You are a pro in about 10 min!
Okay so where did you buy it?
Geekforever

1 - 7 of 7 Posts