Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is there so many used Burgmans for sale lately. Are they disenchanted with them? Changing to motorcycles? Traded them in on on a newer model? That's what I did. I will never go back to a motorcycle. The prices are really dropping. It will soon be harder for dealers to sell new ones.

·
Registered
107 Posts
why buy a new burgman when you can get a low mileage 650 on craige,s list from dealer,s . for 4 to5 thousand that,s about half of the cost of a new one most dont have over 2000 mile,s on them i know of three of us here in oklahoma that,s got really good scooter,s from owner,s or dealer,s just be careful of scammer,s if they dont give you a phone number or they dont want cash and you go to pick it up at their location that,s a red flag for sure

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
First, it is the end of the summer and they are trying to sell the bike while buyers still think they can use it before the bad weather sets in.

It might be also for financial reasons. There are some tough times for a lot of people. While I consider my 400 my primary transportation, many people buy a Burgman for entertainment. When you're tight on money, the toys need to go.

And let's face it. The majority of the Burgman riders are toward the end of their riding careers. Perhaps they bought their Burgman while they were able to move them around more, and now find themselves not able to do so, or losing their balance.

I don't think there's any real reason for the number of used Burgmans, any more than there is for any used motorcycle sales. We just notice because we like our Burgmans so much.

Chris

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
Sounds like a great time to buy a good used Burgman, a buyers market. I bought a used 2009 400 for only $4500 and 450 miles like new last December. Fall is a good time to sell. Check out the ads come January.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I saw one other Burgman in the 4000 miles I've rode. Must not be big in Wisconsin, which you'd think there would be some re-sale value, but I guess not?

·
Super Moderator
8,066 Posts
Mike337 said:
Must not be big in Wisconsin, which you'd think there would be some re-sale value, but I guess not?
"The Land of "Harley".

Cruiser Country 8)

Our 500 mile over niter along the Mississippi, seen 95% cruisers, but I did get get some maxi scooter questions.
The classic,

How fast will it go?

100+ solo, 80 all day 2 up

Is that a 125 ?

:lol: :lol: :thumbup:

·
Registered
420 Posts
With a strong possibility of new models for 2013 I think dealers are cleaning up their inventory.
So there are some great deals on new leftover bikes too.
Suzi seems to unveil new models at the end of Sept.- early Oct. I'm waiting to see before I buy a new (or used) 650.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I have been toying with the idea of selling my Burgy. Came close to trading in for a yamaha vstar 900 cruiser.
Lately in the s.fla heat, riding just has not been that fun. Not really sure if i want another bike of any kind.
Will probably wait on the new BMW scooters to come out. Unless suzy Q improves or removes the cvt in will not
buy another 650. Just saw on the news today about a new electric motorcycle. 80 miles on a charge. Can be charged back
up with any outlet in about 30 min. Top speed i believe was 85mph. They didn't say the price. Very interesting..

·
Registered
739 Posts
THe perception of a lot of Burgmans for sale, I think, may be regional... I bought mine new.. at that time (4 months ago... in May).. I saw no lightly used Burgmans for sale in New England, at least.. It was also Spring... so owners may have wanted to use them for the summer..

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
If it is people buying new could be because Suzuki is offer 4 years, was 5 interest free on new.

I don't see as many for sale in California for sale as other states and I have seen less than a fistful in the 9 months I've been riding one here and the most common comment I get from bike riders, man that thing is fast ! From non riders it's how many mpg do you get ?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I keep a close eye on the ebay sales as the show the last bid. I have seen two 2009 650's that have had a final bid of under $5300. They both had around 2000 miles. However I have seen some trashed Burgmans selling for way more than they should. Go Figure...

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I'm looking for a white '09+ 400 with not too many miles in good shape at a reasonable price. I'm finding them so far to be few and far between and so far, not very close. I'm hoping the approaching winter as well as the '13 models bring on some good deals.

·
Premium Member
8,122 Posts
ditto and ditto on not many 400's out there in my neck of the weeds unless you are willing to pay new or higher than new price from a stealership , lots of 650's but that is a whole different animal

·
Registered
420 Posts
Bakeisback said:
I keep a close eye on the ebay sales as the show the last bid. I have seen two 2009 650's that have had a final bid of under $5300. They both had around 2000 miles. However I have seen some trashed Burgmans selling for way more than they should. Go Figure...
I use Cycletrader, there are lots of ways to filter the results, these are only the private sales: http://www.cycletrader.com/search-resul ... keyword=1& but there are over 300 results for dealer and private sales.
Many of the dealer bikes are pre-owned and there are some really good deals... especially now, many dealers don't want to hold the inventory over the winter.

Pretty sure you can have a bike shipped anywhere in the lower 48 for around $400

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Like I said...few and far between. Motorcycle Trader had 10 nationwide that meet my criteria except the cheapest one is asking $5500! I think I've said before I am spoiled and disillusioned from my deal of the century purchase of my showroom condition '09 with 185 miles back in march for $3300 just down the street. I know I won't do that good but, many are asking almost new (or even over new) prices for used scootes. Something will come along.

·
I'm Retired
9,364 Posts
Some sellers have no idea of the current value of their bike, so they are asking enough to pay off the loan they took out when they bought their toy. I used the term "toy", because they bought it on a whim. Then decided it was too hot, or too cold, or they didn't want to mess up their hair...or countless other reasons to leave it parked in the garage after a the first few hundred miles. Since it looks like new, they want a new price for it.

That's why I recommend printing out the Kelley Blue Book pricing for both the "Retail" and the "Trade-In" values...and making sure you include the definition of what "Retail" means. Most sellers want that retail price, but that should include things like a warranty...which the private seller isn't willing to give.

I think having a printed price from an independent source like the Kelley Blue Book would bring a dose of reality to the negotiations and work in your favor.

Chris

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
But last night I got an email from the Yahoo Interest Group that some guy just sold his 2003 650, with 4k miles for $3600. It makes no sense. I should ask $10,000 for mine then.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I bought my 09 LOADED and only 1400 miles for only $5500. Seems they are cheaper here too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts