Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Unlikely, the quiescent current of such a device would probably be just a few uA (micro-Amps)--1/1000th of the normal 35 to 40 mA dark current. I have a couple of them, when I get home I test 'em...

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
You should consider ordering a special usb plug with a 90 degree angle on it. Or, re-route the current adapter and make it accessible from the outside....

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
The power outlet is ignition switched so it won't run your battery down.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
The power outlet is ignition switched so it won't run your battery down.
Yup, every time I turn off the bike my gps gives me a warning that the power has been switched off. No additional battery drain. Leave it in should you choose.

·
Registered
585 Posts
You should consider ordering a special usb plug with a 90 degree angle on it. Or, re-route the current adapter and make it accessible from the outside....
I've yet to find a 90* adapter. Do you have a link to one?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not for me

I had one i used and worked for about four hours and it quit working i had it for years but never used it. I could not find another one. I think i paid about $3.99 for it. I just purchace a single outlet heavy duty one but paid around $20.00 but has a one year warranty, same brand.

·
Super Moderator
12,409 Posts
I've yet to find a 90* adapter. Do you have a link to one?
There are a couple on Newegg last I checked., but I found with a regular adapter and a retractable cord it works OK since the retractable has a smaller head and is more flexible than the "normal" cords.
This is the one I'm using at the moment, but I suspect any retractable would work.

Cheers

Tromper

·
Premium Member
902 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
too big?

How do you close the glove box with that plugged in?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts