1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Very cool! I just KNEW that USA Today was good for something!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Very cool! I just KNEW that USA Today was good for something!

Quite enjoyed reading a decent review for a change, until I got as far as.........'Triple digit speeds are possible, though NOT advised' !!!

Not advised by who?....and why not?

I dont ride at hight speed ALL the time, but when I do, my Exec feels both safe and comfy, with no problems at all !

(sorry if I'm a bit of a 'grump') ;)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Not advised because it's never legal (at least on this side of the pond)???? Certainly "not advised" has nothing to do with the Burgman's capabilities. Would a review ever advise something illegal?

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Do not believe the 650 has link brake system, this is mistake.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Not advised because it's never legal (at least on this side of the pond)???? Certainly "not advised" has nothing to do with the Burgman's capabilities. Would a review ever advise something illegal?
Maybe the review should make 'not advised' a little clearer then, because on 'our side of the pond' when we are travelling in parts of Germany, you can go as fast as you like!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Considering the audience (general public) - a fair review.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
They closed with a minor error, though: "Suzuki also offers two smaller sizes, 400cc and 250cc."

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Up to 2014 Burgman 250 do exist.

As of 2014 Burgman line worldwide now:

650, 400, 200, 125.

Not all sold in North America.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Do not believe the 650 has link brake system, this is mistake.
I saw that too and was wondering about that. Are the brakes linked together during hard braking when the anti-lock system kicks in? I don't know enough about my ride.

·
Registered
199 Posts
When I upgraded from my little putt-putt 50cc, I was thinking of getting a 125 or 250, but all my friends who were into motorcycles said that I'd outgrow them too quickly; that's why I got the 400 (I thought the 650 would be a bit excessive.)

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
I saw that too and was wondering about that. Are the brakes linked together during hard braking when the anti-lock system kicks in? I don't know enough about my ride.
Not read anywere ever that 650 have link brake system. This is feature that would certainly be mention if equip as standard equip.

Even 2014 info not mention anything about link brake.

This 2014 web site info.:

The Burgman 650 ABS model also offers an antilock braking system (ABS)** that helps to maximize the rider’s control by preventing the wheels from locking during hard brake application. The ABS unit weighs 55% less than the previous model.
*Measured in the Worldwide Motorcycle Test Cycle (WMTC).
**The ABS is a supplemental device for brake operation, not a device for shortening stopping distance. Always remember to reduce speed sufficiently before approaching curves.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Not read anywere ever that 650 have link brake system. This is feature that would certainly be mention if equip as standard equip.

Even 2014 info not mention anything about link brake.

This 2014 web site info.:

The Burgman 650 ABS model also offers an antilock braking system (ABS)** that helps to maximize the rider’s control by preventing the wheels from locking during hard brake application. The ABS unit weighs 55% less than the previous model.
*Measured in the Worldwide Motorcycle Test Cycle (WMTC).
**The ABS is a supplemental device for brake operation, not a device for shortening stopping distance. Always remember to reduce speed sufficiently before approaching curves.
linked brakes are only available for the 250 model sold in europe.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Since I just recently bought a 2011 BMW1200RT I'd sell my Burgman 650 and replace it with a 250 in a heartbeat and I'd probably ride the Burgman more than the RT. Yhe 250 is a beautiful scoot that has the character of the 650 without the bulk. Too bad it isn't sold in the US...Suzuki should be more aggressive with their offerings and their colors

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I'm not going to knit-pick the write-up. I think the average non Burgman reader will get the point of how nice the new Burgman 650 is. ;)

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Up to 2014 Burgman 250 do exist.

As of 2014 Burgman line worldwide now:

650, 400, 200, 125.

Not all sold in North America.
There IS a 200 (and it will be available in North America very soon). There just isn't a 250.

Just a minor point, which doesn't really affect the linked article much.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts