Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Yes, thank god my family and I are OK, it was a huge plus that we didn't lose power or sustain any damage, I've been trying to get in touch with my Brother-inlaws in NJ who lost power and my Sister inlaw Westchester who also lost power, I hope they are OK, I will update the status in a while. I can't say the same for the rest of my neighborhood and outlying areas, I never in my life saw huge trees bend so much and not come out of the ground, all kinds of debris flying about and emergency vehicles going non stop since height of the storm last night and are still going this morning. I smelled a strong odor of fires where they were I couldn't tell but they must have been pretty big in order to such a strong odor in such high winds. All of the coastal areas got flooded pretty bad from the super high storm surge, Con Edison cut power to a good part of lower Manhattan in order to save the equipment from becoming permanently damaged from the saltwater, all kinds of transformer explosions throughout the 5 Boroughs. I can go on and on and on, it was just unbelievable.

Here is a clip of the Brooklyn Battery tunnel being flooded. I take this tunnel every morning to get to and from work, Unfortunately we don't know the extent of the damage @ the moment to the buildings downtown from the storm surge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX_CUMf7P2Y

I hope everyone else who was involved in the storm is OK.

·
Premium Member
4,015 Posts
Not bad down in Tennessee in our area, the higher elevations are getting snow.

The buildings in the big cities near the coast have so much underground which is below sea level. That is a real hidden problem.

We wish you all well. There will be very little bragging about riding in poor weather conditions to be sure.

As early as last Friday there were many power company trucks going north on interstate 81 to help.

One time sad to say the weather forecasters are right.

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/national/s ... o-millions

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
One woman killed by a flying sign in Toronto - fair bit of wind damage. It was windier here than where the start came ashore.

But nice now - rode yesterday tho was gusty and windy - today is lovely and less wind.

7 million without power tho - that sucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts