Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

What average fuel price (97 octane) unleaded are you seeing?

• $1.50 to 1.70

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $1.71 to 1.90

• $1.91 to 2.10

• $2.11 to 2.30

• $2.31 to 2.50

• $2.51 to 2.70

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Phoenix, prices are rising, and summer has not even hit yet. "They" are predicting record high prices this summer. What is everyone paying for the average gallon of gas? I personally am saving probably $1.50 every time I ride my Burger to work since the car i'd use instead (when weather is bad) gets about 20 mpg at best. I probably save an additional chunk on insurance, etc. by driving the Burger instead. While this is not the primary reason I got it, it's a nice addition...

Perhaps rising fuels costs will keep some of the cages off the road and leave more room for us...i wish.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Yes thats $.80 a litre. But the funny thing its fluctuating on a regular basis. I drove past 1 station to pick up a friend and noticed that gas was $.64 cents per litre and noted to myself , that I must stop in on the way back. Well on the way back,15 mins later , the price had jumped up to $.78 cents/litre. :shock: I can't wait untill the warmer weather hits so I can get my Burger on the road again. Should save me alot in commutting.

Let me add that $.80 is for 87 octane. 92 octane goes for $.90/litre. Hence if my calculations are right there is no polling figure that applies for us canadians......were off the scale :shock:

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Gas Prices

In Omaha, Nebraska, any answer I gave today would be outdated tomorrow. I've seen gas prices swing up and down as much as 13 cents a gallon in a single day lately. Fortunately, since they yoyo up & down, I sometimes catch a fillup on the down side. This is more critical with the car of course, since I'm buying at least three times as much gas then.

I also noticed last year that when I ride out into rural Nebraska and Iowa, sometimes gas prices in the small isolated towns are much less than in the metropolitan area. Hopefully I'll still find that true this riding season because I plan to do a lot of Scooter & Motorcycle touring out in the less populated areas.

·
Registered
394 Posts
In Minnesota there is a law to protect "mon & pop" gas stations from the big chains. Simply put, they are required to sell gas for no less than 6% over what they paid wholesale. This allows small stations to make a profit from selling gas and not having to rely on other revenue streams to stay in business.

It also has the side effect of keeping prices higher than some states, since a business does not have the choice of making less than 6% profit on fuel sales.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts