Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
With ikon shock's you can buy stepped collar that would give you that little bit less compression, you could enquire with your supplier.

Greg

·
Registered
75 Posts
You can always sell the slightly used set at a loss on here. Someone will like them. Like I said above, my Progressives are better that stock but I still know there must be a 5 star shock/spring combo out there.
List them in the classifieds for sell with the comment they will not come off till the new shock comes in. I may pick them up for my Trike project.
Thanks Dave J, I will be putting them up for sale here probably next week. I already have them off the bike but I'm fairly busy this week and next would be easier.

·
Registered
75 Posts
As a PS, I do think the shocks are slightly over damped, but it only shows on really rough roads and going over badly done road reinstatements. On smoother A roads it now floats along, any undulations are damped out immediately
Thanks for that assessment. I'm on the rougher roads more than the smoother ones so I guess that's why I questioning all of this.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I purchased the Progressive 12-1205b (from memory, that should be the number) along with the lightest springs I saw discussed here, 65/100. Others had the heavier springs and thought the ride was stiff but controlled. I think it was Dave J who said the stock springs were 60/90 so I thought the 65/100 should be perfect.

The ride is stiffer than I like. To be fair, I probably like a little more plush than I do a sport bike feel. I don't hate the stock shocks but I know they aren't that great either. I actually think the spring rate is pretty close and I would be reasonably happy if they just had some rebound damping which they don't. I assume the damping on the Progressive shock has both compression and rebound damping to some degree. They are controlled on rebound but the compression side of things makes it stiffer than I like.

This is why I was asking about the YSS shocks. I am looking for an affordable upgrade in my ride without spending a fortune on something that will never be great (I'm okay with that btw, I know its a scooter). It gets expensive buying and selling items that don't meet your needs. I get a little scared when I buy a shock without any adjustment other than preload. Others have had good success but this time it didn't work out for me.

Thinking about the Ikon which is almost $500 by the time it gets to my door.
I put a set of Ikon on my 2011, 650 and it is not a good ride.
Buzzy

21 - 24 of 24 Posts