Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed when shopping for my new Burgman (due any day now) that it comes equipped from the factory with bias ply tires.

Are there any tire manufacturers producing radial ply tires in sizes for the Burgman 400?

Is there a reason why radial ply tires wouldn't be an improvement?

I suspect that Suzuki only installs the bias ply tires on new bikes to save a few bucks.

I would like to upgrade to some premium quality (Michelin, etc.) tires when the OEM tires wear out. Has anyone else done this, and what are your experiences?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Oh no a tire thread :) I am looking for a rear tire. Can't find a suitable size to go to the DARK SIDE so will probably try Michelin Pure whatever from Cheap Cycle parts. I do know my year-old "Hoop" has a crack at every tread block, with tread left to spare. Bummer.
I don't know about radial vs. bias. When cars had bias ply tires, you couldn't put the then-new radials on them, there was a design factor involved with old suspensions. I am not knowledgeable with 2-wheel suspensions and whatnot unfortunately. Hoping someone else will chime in here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts