Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an excellent collection of how to remove all the plastic on a 650 - the only problem is, it's for a much older issue (pre-2013). Since the body style has changed, has anyone posted here, YouTube, etc. on how to remove all the Tupperware on a 2016 style 650? If so, please direct me. I'm going a front end (I think Suzuki calls it a front leg shield) pull this weekend or next week to replace my headlights with newer LEDs and see what it takes (if possible w/o replacing) to get the positioning lights that are below the headlights working again.

My headlight assembly got a bit messed up a few years ago so I've got to be very delicate with it so that the tension clips that keep one of the bulbs in doesn't stop working - thus the removal for the entire piece.

Thanks - Bruce

·
Premium Member
12,684 Posts
Good luck, after my last run in with tupperware on a 13+ I was in favor of removal by match and gasoline, some of that shtuff is still sittin in the garage never to go back on.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've done this before - most of the Tupperware - but it's been about three years so I'm a bit rusty and the back's a lot more cantankerous!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Tupperware removal is spelled out at the end of the service manual. It's readily available in hard copy or pdf. Just be sure you get the manual for 2013+ models.

Reactions: wspollack

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gee, your manual looks so shiny, clean and new.

Mine is falling apart (esp. at the wiring schematics), oily, greasy, I'm sure there's some blood there too, etc. It's well used and treasured. Oh yes, there's also some great hand-written notation in there, as well as docs I've created, etc. - in color no less.

I'll state again, what I would love to find is a good collection of videos (LeDude's were for a previous generation 650) for the more current models.

·
Registered
TBD
38 Posts
Can't remember the guy's name - but he did maintenance videos for both Goldwings and Kawasaki Concours 1400s. I bought a set when I had my Concours. They were pretty invaluable when tearing it down for a valve job.

·
Administrator
20,198 Posts
It takes dedication to the bike and forum to make videos of the subject. Over the years we have had it nice with a few that gave their time to do said services. But people move on or lose interest over time.

The old 'Knowledge Base' was made by member Colchicine (Kory) and he had help from other members to fill in all the information. He was not paid for hit time or for the fees to host it off site.

Then LeDudes web pages. He has over the years helped so many members on the 650 side. He also did not get paid for his time and site hosting fees.

And the 400 crowd had Mitch's videos to give them helpful guiding tips. He has done most of his on 'YouTube' and does get about $0.01 per view and a bit more for each 'Subscribe' and 'Like'. Then some have done 'Patron' donations to Mitch's videos.

So, til someone steps up and does a video layout on any newer models, we will have nothing. Short of doing a 'GoFundMe' to buy one of the member's a new model year, its all volunteer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts