Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just incase you've wonder where I have been, I've been really sick. It started last Tueday with a cough. Wednesday evening, I got congested. Thursday I lost my voice, I couldn't breathe very well and had a fever. Same for Friday but with chills. Saturday Billy took me to the doctor. Diagnosis...Bronchitis and laryngitis (the no voice part was easy to determine.) So, I've been taking so strong medicine to try to get the fluid off my lungs before it become pnemonia. Got my voice back yesterday and my fever has gone away. Feeling a little better so I think the meds are working. If not better by Wednesday I have to go back again and have more tests run on my lungs. oh joy.

But that's it. I'll be around more once I've feeling 100%

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Nancy - I have been SICK AS A DOG! Man! for the first time in like two years. The flu - it's been since LAST MONDAY! dayumit. my LTC doctor buddy at work said that it'll last about 7 to 10 days. crap. i rode today tho. 8) thought it would lift my spirits.
sorry to hear that youre not well also.
fluids and rest i guess. then wait 10 days. ug.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Sorry to here ! Get well soon.. At least your not missing the scooter :)

Pete, same to you, but I know your not missing the scooter :lol:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah, I'm missing the scooter something bad. Went to one dealership 1 hour 30 minutes away and he had just sold the 650 a few hours prior. **sigh** but at least I know what his price is and I can start to save. He said to give him a call when I have some money and he'll save one for me.

I never realized how much I sat on the scooter in the garage until I sold it. :cry:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Get well soon Nancy :)

Them tha' symptoms are one helluva of a withdrawl syndrome :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
randy - wiping my nose and sneezing in a full face has given me new opportunities and challenges. I am truely lucky compared to lil ol pinwheel. at least i can fiddle around with that kind of stuff!
ive never been that ill tho nancy. i really hope you get well soon - part of your RX might involve a new/used two-wheeled transportation unit!. pedz.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Nancy :!:
I think Norman may have hit the nail on the head, (blue hammer) you don't have a cold it's
withdrawl syndrome :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wishing you a rapid and full recovery....from both of your ailments :wink: . Do you have a target date for acquiring all the necessities (i.e., $$$) for a new purchase? Hope it's before the truly beautiful riding weather sets in (hard to believe March is almost over)...Best of luck.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Nancy,

Get well soon!! And I agree with Norm so much that I think you should put it to the test... Have hubby get you a 650 and if your flu goes away then Cheers to Norm!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Get well, Pinwheel! Based on what I'm hearing from friends, we've got a significant late-season flu-epidemic going in the South. _Everyone_ seems to be sick! You're one of many cases I've heard about in the last 48 hours, if that makes you feel any better.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Hope ya get better soon Nancy!

·
Registered
250 Posts
You have my sympathy, Nancy! I'm glad you're over the worst of it, though.
I think we're suffering from the same strain of virus over here. Both my daughters have been ailing and I've come down with the bug in the past couple of days. Hot, aching body with swollen glands, sore throat ... the works. :cry: The tickly, dry cough is the worst part. Luckily, no in-helmet sneezes ... yet :wink:
Get well everybody!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Technology moves faster then I can keep up with.
We can't catch the flu by reading about in on the net, right :?:
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Perhaps it's a computer virus ...

(sorry)

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, still sick. Going back to the doctor on Tuesday. :(

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
How are you?

Pinwheel,

Just checking to see what the doctor said yesterday. I have been sick as well for the last 5-6 weeks. Bronchitis and then pneumonia. Feeling better but still dragging my tail.

Hope you are feeling better.

Take care,

Dee

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dee,
I ended up going on Monday because I couldn't take the coughing anymore. The bronchitis cleared up but ended up with a severe sinus infection. Now I'm on antibiotics. It's getting better, coughing so much has my sides and back aching.
Thanks for asking.
And hope you get to feeling better too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts