Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hello,
I believe that you are telling us that you are hearing an unfamiliar sound coming from your Burgman.
If this is the case, I cannot open your file to hear the sound.
Perhaps someone else on the forum can manage that, otherwise can you send file again please?

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
I could look at it, here in the U.S.,
but I don't know enough about a 650
to identify the sound.

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
It opened & played for me...

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Pull the lower left panel, and the little stamped metal cover held on with two bolts. See that the adapter bolt is tight and not loose/rattling around.

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
Was the video taken with the bike on the center stand and if so was the rear wheel turning?

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Pull the lower left panel, and the little stamped metal cover held on with two bolts. See that the adapter bolt is tight and not loose/rattling around.
Just listened to it. Check the oil levels but sounds like a bearing but I'd still look at the adapter bolt and make sure it's not wearing through the stamped cover too. Listen in the place between the CVT and engine case shown in the photo below. If it's loudest there in might be the CVT input bearing.

Also having someone rev it up and getting a video of that may help should the noise change to metal grinding on metal or roaring from a bearing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts