Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Been lurking here for a while but finally joined today. I am looking at possibly buying my first scooter at 50 years old. I have owned a few motorcycles in the past with my most recent being a Honda Magna 750. I am now looking for a scooter and from what I have read the Burgman 400 from 07 on is the right one for me.

I have read about the 16 gallons of storage space under the seat but what are the dimensions of that area? I am curious about the width height and depth of it. This storage and the twist and go of the Burgman are the key features that are of interest.

Does anyone know the dimensions?

Thanks very much for any help!!

Jeff

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Don't know the dimensions off hand. It's a bit of a wierd shape cause there's a hump to accommodate the rear tire when it bottoms out. But two full face helmets fit side by side and you can squeeze in some gear, jackets and such, along the sides and middle. I've never need any more storage, but I usually do weekend trips only.

·
Registered
77 Posts
But two full face helmets fit side by side...
Actually more like face to face.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not sure but the combo of the 400s underseat and even a medium sized topbox make this an awesome grocery hauler! Carries more than the 650.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I believe the motor (just a single cylinder) is in the middle under the front of the seat. In the area between your feet, if you have them on the flat part of the foot-boards. (Which I rarely do.)

I've never actually looked, though... it may be just a kind of magic that motivates it. ;)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I've never actually looked, though... it may be just a kind of magic that motivates it. ;)
It's a mixture of ground Unicom horn and pixy dust, about a 50/50 ratio. Sprinkle a bit on and youre good to go for another 50k. :D

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Not a real measurement, but I put my entire rear wheel of my KLX110l pit bike in my trunk to run it to the dealer, even I was shocked!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I can't speak for the 400 but I have a Burgman Bag from CeeBailey for my 650 and it'd the cats meow for packing up clothes and going for a visit somewhere. It really fits the luggage compartment well, I highly recommend it.

Greg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts