Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

Under-seat electrical pigtail

3K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Jamerican 
#1 ·
Hey all,
I have a new 2013 Burgman 650. While getting ready for my commute this morning I notice there’s a pigtail under the seat with a connector that looks like this:

It appears to have an inline fuse already installed, but it was pretty dark out and I’m not sure. Anyone know off-hand how many amps this is rated for? I’m thinking I can likely use this to plug in my heated gear rather than run another pigtail, but want to make sure the wiring can handle the load (less than 10 amps). I may have to wander out to the parking lot at lunch time to take a look in the sunlight.

See less See more
#4 ·
Yup........I agree that it looks like a Battery Tender pigtail.......too

#5 ·
Me Yuasa battery charger have same wire connected to battery, it have 10 amp fuse presently.

You can get adaptor from various company that connect to this one for use for heated clothing.

#7 ·
Are you the first owner? Any other 2013 owner have that plug from the factory?

#9 ·
Service Dept. may have installed it before putting the scoot
on the display floor, & forgot to remove it.

#11 ·
I bought my 08 used with 305 miles on her and it came with that same plug but I figured the previous owner had done it.

#12 ·
Mystery solved! I spoke to the service guys where I bought the bike. They install a batter tender pigtail on all new bikes they prep for sale. Told me I can put a 10-amp fuse in there with no problems (it currently has a 7.5-amp fuse and I need to pull 8.2 amps for my heated gear). Just one more reason I like this shop.

#13 ·
Sounds like that shop knows what it's doing. ;)

#14 ·
Glad you talked to them because I was beginning to think I got jipped. No pigtail on my 2013.

Can you snap a pick of where they hooked onto. Did they go straight to the battery or to that post on top of the battery cover.

I just hooked up my heated gear plug and hooked them to those post on top of the battery cover. Not sure what you call them.

#17 ·
Yes, the posts on the battery beneath the cover. That is where I installed mine.

Namaste'
Doug in Kentucky

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.