Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there I was riding down the highway doing the speed limit (70 ) when up ahead I see a full dress HD, doing about 65.
As I pull up a notice it's a young guy in the seat (to me anyone under 30 is young). :(
Of course he was wearing the "official " HD riding gear, bandana, black vest over T shirt, paints, and combat boots-- :?
As I am slowly going by the rider turns in the seat reaches around and opens the saddle bag, reaches in and pulls a bottle of water out, taking both hands off the bars he opens it and takes a long drink, recaps the bottle and puts it back. Now with all these movements the bike tracked straight down the road :shock:
I will admit to being impressed with this type of bike handling Normally, but not then-------- This clown is sitting on a bike that is tied down to a trailer, being pulled by a P/U truck .... :roll: Unbelievable :!: :!:

·
Registered
23 Posts
:lol: That's really bad-

Because I can totally see myself sitting up there doing the same thing.

"Yup, I can make that curve...nice twisty...Road trash! Good job!"

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
:laughing3: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing8:

:wav:

That was fantastic. Thanks for the laugh.

Janine :wave:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Thats real funny! :) :lol: :)

But you know - that stunt (ridin' in a trailer) is probably more dangerous than doing it for real! :shock:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Randy said:
This clown is sitting on a bike that is tied down to a trailer, being pulled by a P/U truck .... :roll: Unbelievable :!: :!:
That's the only way they can get HD's to move 50% of the time. :lol:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
It was probably his first bike, and he wasn't going to abandon it even if it didn't run. When my first car died on the highway, middle of winter, I rode in it with it's nose up in the air behind the tow truck while my wife and sister-in-law rode in the heated cab. Didn't want to leave it in it's time of stress.

Sitting on a bike sitting on a trailer makes a more interesting image, for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Around here, leaving a bike at the side of the road unattended is asking for trouble.
I had a friend years ago who left a fully restored 1938 BMW at the side of the highway while he went for help.
Came back to find it stripped and trashed.
He gave up on it!

Probably the Harley guy didn't have room in the P/U cab or some other reason for riding back there on his bike.

I wouldn't leave a $30,000 Harley at the side of the road either, no matter what I had to do, to stay with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts