Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2018 Suzuki 650 Executive
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week ago I was able to open and browse the forum, and or navigate the articles but now nothing will open while using my Ipad\Iphone. However, I can open the forum and log in while using my PC. Also, just FYI having the same issues with other web site forums such as CRVOwnersClub and Toyotanation, these happened after a few days as well.

Was there some type of upgrade for the IOS usage. Have tried to clear cache, turn off both devices etc. with no results.

· Administrator
18,249 Posts
Yes those two forums are part of VerticalScope. The Owners Admin should be on shortly as this not part of my level access's.

· Premium Member
2,462 Posts
About a week ago I was able to open and browse the forum, and or navigate the articles but now nothing will open while using my Ipad\Iphone. However, I can open the forum and log in while using my PC. Also, just FYI having the same issues with other web site forums such as CRVOwnersClub and Toyotanation, these happened after a few days as well.

Was there some type of upgrade for the IOS usage. Have tried to clear cache, turn off both devices etc. with no results.
iPhone 11 here, latest iOS, no problem, read the forum most days via the phone. I’m set to keep logged on, BTW, if that matters.

· Super Moderator
395 Posts

Are you able to grab a screenshot and share with us here so we can check into this further?

Thanks,
~Mike D

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Hi,

With regards to the above issue,

Screenshot: Don't know how to post screen shot without using Ipad or Phone, my guess is to take a picture send it via email then use PC to attach. Will try this method
URL: www.burgmanusa.com
Timestamp: Last tried today's date at 0853 hrs.
Device Info: IOS 12

With regards to IOS 12, I've been reading reading that websites have been doing upgrades for security reasons, maybe this is the cause, during the upgrade they have properly set a perimeter of IOS versions not allowed, with IOS 12 is getting older. My iPhone 6, will not go passed 12.5.6. And also, there are two apps such as Google and [email protected] will not upgrade, if the version is not above IOS 14. Also, there is one more app that will not open which is RAV4 forums. I will try and send a picture for the screen shot shortly.

Thank You all for your help.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi,

After logging out, I got to thinking about what Bigmc was saying about using Duckduck go, so while using the iPad to view the forum I used Yahoo & Microsoft Bing same results no joy got the same page as was sent a moment ago. Using a computer all is well. I feel it's because of some type of upgrade not allowing a certain level of the IOS being used. Just my two cents worth.

· Premium Member
2,462 Posts
Hi,

With regards to the above issue,

Screenshot: Don't know how to post screen shot without using Ipad or Phone, my guess is to take a picture send it via email then use PC to attach. Will try this method
URL: www.burgmanusa.com
Timestamp: Last tried today's date at 0853 hrs.
Device Info: IOS 12

With regards to IOS 12, I've been reading reading that websites have been doing upgrades for security reasons, maybe this is the cause, during the upgrade they have properly set a perimeter of IOS versions not allowed, with IOS 12 is getting older. My iPhone 6, will not go passed 12.5.6. And also, there are two apps such as Google and [email protected] will not upgrade, if the version is not above IOS 14. Also, there is one more app that will not open which is RAV4 forums. I will try and send a picture for the screen shot shortly.

Thank You all for your help.
Probably time to upgrade, if you can swing a good deal with your phone provider (and my guess is that they'll certainly make you a good offer).

My wife and I went through this:
  • Other early flip-phones, etc.
  • Changed to Apple, with the iPhone 4 models; spec'ed minimum memory, because we don't store a lot of videos and other space hogs.
  • Some years went by.
  • Upgraded to iPhone 6 models, when our iPhone 4 models, at one point, said that we didn't have enough memory to upgrade to the next iOS. Being stuck at a given level meant we couldn't have the latest features nor -- and a bigger deal here -- the latest security patches intrinsic to those releases. Went with the max memory this time, because: won't get fooled again.
  • Many years went by.
  • Upgraded to iPhone 11 models (me, Pro; wife, Pro Max) because the iPhone 6 models no longer supported the newer iWatch models (and my wife is a big iWatch user, on walks, etc., i.e., leaving her phone at home). Went with max memory again: see "won't get fooled again." Also, those newer models have significantly better water-resistance and significantly better cameras than the early models; stopped bringing dedicated digital cameras on vacations (except for a GoPro, when on mo'sickle tours).
  • Some years went by, still hanging in with the 11 models, doing fine; ignoring phone-provider upgrade offers for the forseable future.
That's our iPhone history.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi,

I did try the dark\light mode switching no joy, even tried staying on dark mode to see if it works, still no joy.

My earlier post about the iPhone 6 did belong to my wife, I'm currently using an iPhone SE 1st generation which is capable of 64 GB, there is 44.42 GB in use. the iPhone 6 is capable of 16 GB there is 6.35 GB in use I, am also using a iPad pro, this is the one I use most when viewing the internet etc. it's capable of 128 GB, there is 120.28 available. I, am not a heavy user with apps, the ones that came installed that I not use has been turned off, to ease up on battery's usage and I have not down loaded any extras as well. Trying to keep it simple.

Thanks to all, for your insight and help, I will wait for further details.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts