Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 650 Exec and I noticed in traffic last night that the left headlight from the drivers position was out on dipped but on when main beam - to set my mind straight as I forgot to check my manual am I right in saying the left bulb is a dual dipped/mainbeam?

Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To follow up, I found my manual -

12v 60/55W (H4) x2 Australia and Canada

12v 60/55W (H4), 55W (H7) EU and Korea

So I will get a H4 tonight and fit it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK bulb replaced painlessly but an issue came up, the screw on the dashboard where it meets the rubber around the wingmirror was loose when I came to remove it and turns freely when I put it back in - is there likely to be an easy fix?

·
Premium Member
14,258 Posts
If I remember right that one screws into a speed nut that is fits up on the tab under it. The nut on yours may have moved out of place or fallen off.

If it doesn't screw into a speed nut then it is screwed into plastic and the hole is probably stripped. On those I use an old carpenters trick. I push a toothpick down into the hole the snap it off flush. Then when you put the screw back in it can grip on the toothpick and will tighten and stay in.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Other than the tootpick, are there any modern products which give good result in ABS plastic? Ideally, some kind of metal insert, like a Heli-Coil, and switching to a machine screw in stead of the self-tapping OEM, would be a long-term solution for the Tupperware parts which are often dismantled during regular servicing or especially when installing farkles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I remember right that one screws into a speed nut that is fits up on the tab under it. The nut on yours may have moved out of place or fallen off.

If it doesn't screw into a speed nut then it is screwed into plastic and the hole is probably stripped. On those I use an old carpenters trick. I push a toothpick down into the hole the snap it off flush. Then when you put the screw back in it can grip on the toothpick and will tighten and stay in.
I will strip it down again at the weekend, I was tired after a long day and the left bulb retaining spring coming off due to a loose screw and disappearing inside the bodywork only to be recovered via the coolant window cutout and a magnet/pliers and some cursing!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I updated my head light bulbs with Xenon look brighter bulbs and put head light modulator on the long beams. Yes, Putting it back together was little painful with the bulb retaining springs. But can be done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts