Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Not so much a cliff

A mere grassy slope.:)

Judging by the way the rider gets back up the hill with such an unusual gait would indicate he has been off a bike before.

The offy was predictable - showing off and going far too fast.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as we've discussed many times earlier, showing off equals going off. The guy gets some credit for posting his own failure although he's being trolled away in the comments.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Fortunate it was a grassy slope and not a wall that would have put him back into the head on.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
This man doesn't glide so well, or he could easily become a cliffhanger
Man Versys Loose Gravel, who wins? (4:40)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
If you view the second video, take note of his front tire after he has his accident. That tire looks bald to me. That bald tire plus some gravel. Result - crash.

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
The second offy seems to be precipitated by the rider's unusual riding style combined with 'marbles' on the road surface.

He was clearly enjoying himself but his style is one of 'exaggerating effect' rather than exercising good roadcraft. By that I mean his positioning prior to a bend is more often than not absolutely wrong, and then he compounds it by committing to the bend at the wrong point and he seems to 'yank' the bars exaggerating the requirement so he can achieve a more stylish lean.

Just before he loses it, he had plenty of time to observe the 'marbles' at which point he could have traded speed, instead he yanks the bars and the low friction condition delivered the coup de grace. I very much doubt tyre tread or the lack of it was decisive either way.

Entertaining video though.:)

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Loose gravel is worse than banana on the road, and i also noticed the front tire was worn too much. The rider didn't respond to this remark though. Well, maybe he also thought it was not a decisive factor in that particular situation. And that's probably right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts