Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local multi line dealer here has, not one, but 3 new UH200. Here's what's strange about it. THey're all out on the front parking lot for demo. All of them looked like at least 100 miles have gone through each one. Inside the showroom, not one new UH200 on display w/ a price tag to buy from.

Optimists would say this is good b/c they're selling as fast as they can bring them in. Pessimists would say 3 testers mean they're not selling at all. which do you think is closer to truth?

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
The local dealer here still has the same
one in the showroom for the last 6 months.:(

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
My dealer doesn't have one, didn't get one to sell. They tell me that the only way they will get one in is to have someone come in and order one and pay for it up front. Talk about a lack of interest...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
The local dealer here stopped selling Suzuki. However scoots of all sizes do not sell well at all here. I have the only Burgman 400 of any year, at least I have never seen another one.

·
Registered
364 Posts
The local single line Suzuki dealer on Boulder Hwy. here in Las Vegas, still has a Brand NEW 2011 White Burgman 650 sitting in the corner of the showroom, with out the door price tag of $7899.
The only Kymco dealer in Las Vegas will not stock any Myroad 700, prepaid orders only.

I hope to see the day where hand clutch and shifting, go the way of the "kick starter"
How many old farts swore they would never trust an electric starter to work right?

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Funny you should mention that--I had a '74 Sportster 1000, purchased new in the spring of '74, that went through three starters in as many months, sold it and bought a 750 Honda...

·
Registered
630 Posts
A few GTA dealerships are advertising them, all in black I think. Price is hovering at ~$6000 CDN out the door, which is a shame, but Suzuki Canada thought that was a good sticker for TU250s too. Pretty rare on the road and zero Burgman 200s.

Not out of line with what all the brands overcharge here though. A base Sportster 883 STARTS at just over $10k. A CB1100? $15K or so. Don't even think premium brands. Some BMWs and Ducatis regularly outprice base V6 F-150s!

Insurance is a real scam too...the collusion between insurers, government and fraudsters would make Al Capone blush.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
GTA dealerships? :confused:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Greater Toronto Area, just passed the Greater Chicago Area to become #3 behind LA & New York. One of the worst cities in North America for riding motorcycles, as I discovered.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Thank you Flywheel. I did do a Google search but most of what I found was for Grand Theft Auto.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Arlington Motorsports (TX) seems a big fan of Burgman scooters. I have been by a few times and brought a few friends by last Friday to see what a 650 was. The previous time I was there they had sold the 2014 400 and had two 200s on the floor along with the white 650. This time they had a new 400 and one 200 was sold. They also had a 2009 650 Executive outside but thought their price was a bit high at $5999.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am glad any dealer has some demos on Burgman's...I would love to ride one. I don't think any dealer is a big seller of Burgman's and you can see the game plan is for dealerships to go large and multi line, Suzuki could do a much better job if they took the Burgman line away from Suzuki motorcycle dealerships and gave them to independent scooter dealerships who promoted and knew how to service them. You absolutely have to get someone on one to convert them from motorcycles but once they see how easy to ride and versatile as well as powerful they are they could be converted.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Local dealer has sold at least one -- saw it out on the road yesterday night!
And it wasn't too recently, either, since it had a real (not dealer) plate.
Would have waved but I was driving the cage at the time.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've seen 4 Burgman scooters here in HD land in the last 15 years. One older standard red 650 (middle aged suit commuting)and a black one(middle aged insurance salesman) of the same. One white 400(Middle aged female with a great smile!) and a grey one( older male that I know has a loaded Goldwing too). Two Suzuki shops within 45 miles, one way, have no 200's and don't want any. Their words, and an unsold 2013 650 sitting in one corner of one shop. I wanted a 400 and was about to trade on it on a Saturday at another shop. They lost their Suzuki franchise on that Friday. Suzuki came in, took the Suzuki sign down, took all the floor stock(including the 400 I wanted) and departed that day! I rode in on my trade-in on Saturday and went home on it too.............

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Basically the same here, and being a "tourist town" there are two scooter rental places that also retail all sorts of the 50 to 250 cc Chinese scooters.

One stocks the bigger Kymcos too. I rode the 500 "Xciting" last summer and was not impressed; I had expected more power, and the styling fit and finish were all somewhat odd...

Nice AK!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts