Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
So, as I’ve mentioned, my new (to me) Corbin seat is ugly. I checked with one upholstery shop so far and they said 250-300 just to replace the light grey with black. Is that crazy? Should I call more shops? Should I just live with it? Any other suggestions. Thanks in advance. View attachment 89880
You can recover the seat yourself. I’ve done several. If you remove the seat, you will see the covering is attached with staples. Just remove and use a staple gun to secure the new covering. And you are right ... the grey is hideous .. lol

Personally I think it looks fine. My recommendation is similar to other posts. A few years ago I spent a ton of money reupholstering the beat up seats on a pair of Yamaha Waveblaster WaveRunners. I originally chose a light Grey vinyl material for the seats. I ended up hating the look. I went to my local automotive paint and body supply and bought a few cans of spray interior paint used to change dashboard and door panel colors. It worked perfectly- could not even tell they were sprayed- and it cost me all of $25. You can most likely get by with one can -$12 !! Good Luck
So, as I’ve mentioned, my new (to me) Corbin seat is ugly. I checked with one upholstery shop so far and they said 250-300 just to replace the light grey with black. Is that crazy? Should I call more shops? Should I just live with it? Any other suggestions. Thanks in advance. View attachment 89880 I ha

Discussion starter · #24 ·
My stock seat needs repair/rebuild as the seams have split from sun shrinkage, would you be willing to sell one of yours?
I'm selling my stock seat. great condition and has some kind of aftermarket backrest incorporating the original. similar to 3 brothers. I'll get a picture of it if I can get through the 14 inches of snow we got yesterday. No rips or tears.

Corbin’s seat covers are designed to fit the contours of their seats, so simply using the cover from a stock seat may not work. I do not think 2-300 is too much for cutting and stitching up a brand new cover. I’d live with it, maybe lay one of those sheepskin covers over it, if it can’t be dyed.And yes, it could be a-lot worse.

So, as I’ve mentioned, my new (to me) Corbin seat is ugly. I checked with one upholstery shop so far and they said 250-300 just to replace the light grey with black. Is that crazy? Should I call more shops? Should I just live with it? Any other suggestions. Thanks in advance. View attachment 89880
Never had one on one of my 650's but used them on my Beemer's. I agree they aren't the best looking saddles but that isn't why you buy them. Forget the looks and enjoy the comfort as long as it is comfortable for you. Ride Safe.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.