Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Burgman enthusiasts,

I should be picking up the scoot at the end of next week after my lease company finishes their paperwork. In the meantime, I'm curious as to the average wear I could expect out of a set of tyres for the Burgman 650.

I know the same question was asked in January 2004, but I've no doubt that a) there have been more miles (kilometres) travelled since then (well, given the North American winter....perhaps not) and b) there are more members now.

Being described by my wife as driving like an old man, I doubt I'll be powersliding the bike through corners, or smoking up the back wheel in the carpark trying to impress the girls.....on second thoughts....nah, it's not my style.

I'll be riding 40 kilometres (25 miles) a day each way to work and back.

Can anyone assist?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I so far have >11,700 miles on the original tires on my 650 - but 85% of my driving is high-speed highway driving - rarely do I do stop & go or city driving which I guess would make a big difference

Hope this helps

·
Registered
239 Posts
I don't know how they do it. I have never got more than 4500 miles out of ANY motorcycle back tire and that includes the Burgman! Just had mine changed and it was the first time I had to get it done for me. Is that tire Hard!

Bob

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Burger Bob said:
I don't know how they do it. I have never got more than 4500 miles out of ANY motorcycle back tire and that includes the Burgman! Just had mine changed and it was the first time I had to get it done for me. Is that tire Hard!
Bob
Yeah, but Bob... Check the picture you posted of your Burger loaded up for travel. Egads! It looked like a gold miner's mule loaded up for an expedition!

I'm kidding you a bit here of course, but it does look like you make your tires earn their keep from time to time.

I have over 4,500 on my rear tire right now, and it's still good for awhile. But I've only ridden 2-up once, I do more hiway riding than around town, and I haven't packed up for a tour yet - that's coming soon though.

Bottom Line: Replace them when they need it. A blowout on a two wheeled vehicle is not the kind of excitement anyone needs.

·
Registered
48 Posts
the back tire is being changed today and it has 23000 kms on it . i think the front is good for 8000 more

1 - 7 of 7 Posts